14 Silver Wyandottes reduced to 7 in a week!

Whenever they are sick, are they laying down, standing puffed up, or just puking? All three.

Puking up liquids of some sort (clear), puffed up, one of them is opening and closing their mouth like gasping, closed eyes, etc.

Heat source, yes

I do water and feed them. I don’t give them the medicine as I live with my grandparents. Normally my Grandma takes the medicine in for them.

So far, Penny has blood in her cage (she has crook back and a very nasty additude to any other chickens who get attention!) that’s on the chips.
I would also start treating them with Corid asap.
Photos of where they are being kept would be helpful as well.

Corid dose 1 1/2 teaspoons Corid powder or 2 teaspoons of 9.6% Corid liquid per gallon of water. Give for 5-7 days as their only source of water to drink.

Give the Corid water to all the chicks it won't hurt them.

It would be better, imho, to get some chick starter as well. The Grower/Finisher you have is only 15%protein. Growing chicks need a higher protein. Get a chick starter that is 18-20% protein.

Make sure the chicks have a place to get warm, but don't overheat - they need to be able to get away from a heat source.

Puking also sounds like a crop problem. Make sure they have poultry grit (crushed granite). This can be found at Tractor Supply as well. Ask someone at the store to help you find it. Even if you don't give anything else besides poultry feed, some chicks will eat bedding which can impact the gizzard, they can't process that without grit.

Let us know how they are doing.

Nope, down to 6. Anyways, I found a poop and it’s peach. Is that bad or? We don’t have any poultry grit (that I know of). So, crop problems? Where is the crop located? What do you mean by that?

So, uh, make it 8 chicks that have died. We still ain’t sure but hey, if Splay (rip) made it through Coccidiosis, the rest can too!

Nope, down to 6. Anyways, I found a poop and it’s peach. Is that bad or? We don’t have any poultry grit (that I know of). So, crop problems? Where is the crop located? What do you mean by that?
So, uh, make it 8 chicks that have died. We still ain’t sure but hey, if Splay (rip) made it through Coccidiosis, the rest can too!
I'm sorry to hear you are losing more.

Can you please post some photos of where and how they are being kept?
Did you get some Corid and start treating all the birds?

I think you got lucky, really lucky with Splay surviving.
Have you started the Corid yet or are you going to just let them all die?

The problem is, I am a chicken lover. We got these at a sale. So, yeah. They could all die and I will be fine with it. This year, I might let my silkie mutts run loose. I’m not sure.
60EE9BF6-3AAA-42F3-81B6-2B5B117132BA.jpeg
6756D130-642E-428B-B54D-6644F14BA6D8.jpeg

They are too crowded and probably need better ventilation too.
Can you split them up and put some in another cage?

Better yet, do you have their outdoor space ready for them - getting them outdoors into some fresh air and sunshine with plenty of room can make a big difference.

We don’t have much and it’s getting cold up in Ohio. I ain’t sure as we are using all the cages we got, but, if needed, I could make some room. I’ll try.

Back
Top Bottom