1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

14 week old chicks vrs a 16 year old son

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by typnslow, Jul 20, 2011.

1. typnslow

typnslow Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    New Market, Al
    MY chicks are more fun and happier to see me than my son. But I can't sell him at Trade Day. See my problem?

2. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Totally. And people generally frown on putting them in a cage outside, too. [​IMG]

3. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    I have to admit that while they are cute both of my daughters are a lot more trouble to feed and keep than any number of birds. I take them to a lot of swaps, but always end up having to bring them back home unlike the birds we take.

Stoicism is our only recourse I'm afraid.

4. Gingerlilypad

Gingerlilypad Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2011
    Central Mississippi
    I have raised three children and all I can say I sure do love my chickens.

5. char259

char259 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Waynesboro
    What can you do? You certainly can't sell your children and expect to get any kind of profit.

6. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    I'd probably have to pay someone to take my teenager, although he is mighty cute. He is all attitude and big feet. I love him to death but sometimes the PITA factor is sky high. [​IMG]

7. mikensara

mikensara Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    New York
    is raising a teenage daughter who is dating an 18 year old. hes a nice kid maybe i can get the parents to trade kids [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by