14 week old silkies - help me guess sex?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by DeAnna314, May 31, 2010.

1. DeAnna314

DeAnna314 Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2010
    Fayetteville, NC
    Here is a link to a webpage with pictures of our silkies. Can you help us figure out what we have? PLease refer to them by their tag colors so I know which you mean. THanks
    http://www.trek4nets.org/Chickens.html

2. Griffinsong

Griffinsong Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    I do not have too much experience with silkies, but my guesses are:

Blue: hen
    Pink: hen
    Purple: hen
    White: unsure, but the comb is pretty big, roo, maybe
    Green: roo
    Rainbow: definitely a roo since he crows.
    Orange: roo

3. DeAnna314

DeAnna314 Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2010
    Fayetteville, NC
    Thank you for your input. I will watch this thread and post updates. Maybe it will be helpful for others too. Silly Silkies. Since these guys were straight run I was sure I would get mostly roosters...lol. I think we may keep one rooster but will need to find homes for the others. Anyone interested? We are in central NC.

4. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm in NC, I just got a 2.3 of silkies 2 roos and 3 hens...was told I was picking up 1 roo and 4 hens but I'm pretty dag on sure the black chicken is a roo and a mix at that, his ears are white and his comb starts off like the typical wart then turns singular and pretty tall for any silkie i've seen. X_x but he has pretty feathered legs and good foot structure. so no can't be interested in any roo's. lol i still have to see what my 3 babies are going to me, they are all blues [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by