@ 14 weeks I think Ruth the Rouen may be RALPH! Are you guys sure?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by chicks & ducks, Jun 29, 2010.

1. chicks & ducks

chicks & ducks Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2010
    Hi all,

I posted a few weeks back looking for sex guesses for the ducks. Both my rouens have a very similar quack but now Ruth is developing a white ring around her neck and her head is more green-where Betty's is more brown. Also Ruth has a black bit on 'her' nose and Betty doesn't. I'm pretty confused and I think Ruth may also be confused [​IMG]. Anyone care to take another guess?[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Not the best photos but was trying to get them both so it's easier to compare. They're very camera shy AND it was dark out but you can just about see the white ring on Ruth and you can see the black bit on 'her' beak. But-like I said-their quacks sound VERY similar. Betty is the noisiest but they have the same 'tone/depth' unlike the pekins which have an obvious difference.

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    How old are they? I don't see a white ring, that's usually pretty obvious. I'd say if they are both quacking they are both girls, but I'm not the one hearing them [​IMG]

Sorry, just saw the '14 weeks' in the title. If she doesn't have a green head by now, she's not going to get one. My rouen drakes looked like drakes when they were that age.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  3. Southernchickens

Southernchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2010
    Mobile, Alabama
    By looking at the bill I would have to say that is a hen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by