140.00 or more for 6 Copper Maran eggs?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by lostsoulhelpmejebus, Nov 14, 2008.

1. nhnanna

nhnanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    The chicken coop
    I wouldn't pay that for 6 chicks never mind for six eggs that may or may not hatch:confused: [​IMG]! [​IMG]

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    For the very darkest chocolate brown eggs that price is not surprising.

3. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Boy, I can't say I like the look of that rooster. There will be lots of good quality beautiful reasonably priced eggs right here. Keep your eyes out. Be really careful what you buy.

Oy, that really is alot of money.:|

Edited to add: There is not even a picture of the eggs.

One of our members here, Marans Guy, just won the Ohio National Egg Show with his eggs. His birds are gorgeous and he sells them for 75 a dozen shipped. He has a waiting list, as do other good breeders, but it is worth the wait.

The best breeders usually sell for around that. No need to pay $300 a dozen for unknown quality stock.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  4. farmergal

farmergal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Nor Cal
    I remember being a little shocked when I saw how high this one went...
    http://www.eggbid.com/listings/details/index.cfm?itemnum=1222837974

Then again, the thought of spending $490 in one place shocks me, regardless of what you're spending it on! Unless it's an absolute necessity I just can't quite bring myself to do it (even if I could afford it)... but to each his own [​IMG]

5. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Too risky for me. I won't be getting any of those any time soon.

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Personally I think it's nuts to pay that much for 6 eggs. I'll just keep on with my old cuckoos that lay nice very dark eggs. I'm just hoping my Wheatens lay as dark when they start.

7. CHICKEN little 1

CHICKEN little 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    W.V.
    If you fell out of your chair at $140.00.What would you have done Oct. 6th when these same eggs went for ...... Get ready! 198.14,plus 13.50 shipping! 6 eggs-same seller. [​IMG] [​IMG]

I don't care to much for the looks of the rooster either.

Good things come to those who wait. [​IMG]

8. djackjr

djackjr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Graham Wa.
    Ok I will spend that much on tools or my model train stuff but not eggs... But then again I am a guy... [​IMG]

9. youdontknow32

youdontknow32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    the roo what about the hen in the pic...no thank you, I would never pay that 4 eggs.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by