14week old gender

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by zaapoole, Jul 31, 2016.

1. zaapoole

zaapoole Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2016
    My chickies are now nearly 14weeks!! I had six and now I have four as I gave away two cockerels to a friend. However I am still unsure of the gender of three out of the four and I was wondering if someone could help I really really hope they are all pullets but I think I might have a few Roos :hit

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So this is the first welsummer and I think he's a rooster but he hasn't crowed yet and the roosters that I gave away a few weeks ago started crowing at about eight weeks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The last one is a Rhode Island Red and at first I thought it was a rooster but now I think that she's just a big girl? And also the sunlight makes her comb and wattle look really red but it's actually a light pink. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks very much any help would be much appreciated. :yiipchick

2. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    Your fist 2 are cockerels, sorry... Welsummer pullets would have a salmon colored breast, only the boys have black or dark chests...

Last one is actually either a Red Sex Link or Production Red and looks like a pullet to me...

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    I agree.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree also

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by