15,000 Members, how many PARAKEETS? Steve wants to know!

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by Sunny Side Up, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    My parakeet Steve would like to know how many relatives he has out here on this forum. He was a little miffed to find he wasn't included in the poultry count, but got over it quickly when he remembered how much higher his species ranks in the bird world (his opinion, not necessarily mine). He just doesn't like poultry, and heartily resents it whenever he has to share his patio space with brooder boxes of chicks or ducklings.

So please, for Steve's benefit, add your total number of PARAKEETS, specifically budgerigars, not any other type of caged birds like cockatiels, love birds, canaries or finches.

Steve and I both thank you. I'll keep him updated as to the total.

Steve (1) + your number = ___?

2. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

Hey Steve,
    tfpets has 3 parakeets, all hatched at their own home, mommy and daddy got old and passed away. These three are about 8 years old now! They live in an indoor aviary with the other birds you dont want mentioned! (8 adult cockatiels, 3 unexpected baby cockatiels, and 2 doves).
    Tina

3. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Steve, I have 2 parakeets. One hatched right here at home. What a experience that was.

4. duckielove

duckielove Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2008
    New Hampshire
    [​IMG] hi steve, I have one Keet goes by the name of BOB and is very much loved here... even if he does talk to the blue jays:rolleyes:

5. showme31

showme31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Moscow Mills MO
    Hey Steve each of my kiddos have one. My son has a young male named Thomas, after the tank engine. My dd names all her pets Angel.

These guys absolutely love to chatter up a storm when the nightly news is on.

Smiles
    Jul

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

One. [​IMG]

7. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    All right, that's 10 so far, any more? Steve will be very gratified to know he has so many relatives of the superior budgerigar species. He's so outnumbered here, being the only parakeet amongst so much poultry.

Please continue to add to their count here.

8. markbirds

markbirds Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2009
    Hey Steve, I have been breeding birds for over 25 years now and if i had to count how many of your relatives i have i would have to guess about 150 or 175 parakeets here on the ranch. You will be happy to know that all the birds that live here own me, I dont own them LOL.

9. amyparrotflock

amyparrotflock Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    1 budgie and 1 red rump (grass parakeet)

10. Hillsvale

Hillsvale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2009
    Hillsvale, Nova Scotia
    10+1 = 11

Tiko... who turned out to be a female! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by