15-20 weeks gender/breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by metraideanne, Jun 18, 2010.

1. metraideanne

metraideanne Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2010
    Salt Lake City
    I was sold this bird as a black sex link. When I purchased it there were few down feathers left and it was mostly pin feathers. Legs are yellow with a black wash. None of the other 7 chickens including the 2 roos ever challenge this bird.

Feathers are now black with a green sheen except on the breast where the feathers have fewer than a dozen brown specks.

What is the consensuses on the gender/breed?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I think it's a hen. I cannot tell what breed! Perhaps it's a mixture.....

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    OOPS! Sex links are a mixture....sorry DUH!

4. Mrs. Feathers

Mrs. Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Except for the yellow legs I would say it looks like an australorp pullet...maybe australorp X??

5. countrychix

countrychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    Frewsburg, NY
    Looks like my australorp pullets; some of mine have black legs and some yellow/black.

6. Hockeychick

Hockeychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2010
    Warren County, NJ
    Or maybe a Jersey Giant? I am terrible with sexing, but I would guess pullet. She looks strikingly like my 16 week old Jersey Giant Pullet.

7. drsooseme2

drsooseme2 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2010
    Marysville
    She looks like my "11 week" old, Billie! I was told by the farm I bought them from that mine are partridge rock and black "something" - from what I've seen online I think mine are black sex links but I don't know for sure either.

If it's already 15 weeks- I think pullet however, I posted my "age, breed, gender" question this morning too. [​IMG]

Here is Billie (at 3 weeks, when I named them, I thought she was the questionable one)

[​IMG] I took this photo yesterday "11 weeks"

The one behind Billie is June - if I have a roo- it's June. June and Pearl (to the left) both have the gold-copper specks.

This is so exciting!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by