1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

15+ Assorted Chicks from Taylor Hobby Farms (Auction) Rare Breeds Included

Discussion in 'Chicks 1 Day to 8 Weeks Old' started by TaylorHobbyFarms, Feb 7, 2012.

1. TaylorHobbyFarms

TaylorHobbyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    This auction is a preorder of 15+ Assorted day old chicks from our hobby farm, to be shipped April 16, 2012. We carry the following rare breeds: French Black Copper Marans, Blue/Black/Splash Jersey Giants, Lavender Orpingtons and Dark Brahmas. We also have White Leghorns and Easter Eggers. At least five of the chicks will be from our rare breed collection, you will get at least 3 different breeds and we will even allow you to omit one breed that you do not want from your order.

The above price does not include Shipping. In addition to your bid amount, we will charge a flat rate of $30.00 for Priority Shipping and Handling or $50.00 for Express Mail, your choice. Pick-up is always welcome if you are in the area and wish to avoid the costs of shipping. Chicks must be picked up within one week of their hatch date if pick-up is desired.

The bidding will start at $30.00 (plus shipping). Please bid by reply to this post. Bidding will increase a minimum of $1.00 from the prior bid.

This auction will be for 8 days and will end Wednesday, February 15th at 9:00 p.m. EST. Any bids posted after 9:00 p.m. will not be accepted.

Please check out our website at www.taylorhobbyfarms.us for more information or feel free to PM me.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  2. Georgiabreed

Georgiabreed Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2012
    what lines are your dark brahmas from? Are they show quality?

3. TaylorHobbyFarms

Dec 2, 2010
    Though I know the lineage of most of our breeds, the Dark Brahmas I do not. I have not tested them at the shows yet, but plan to within the year. I have been told by many that have stopped at the farm that the hens are some of the best they have saw with some very nice penciling, but I am sorry I can not tell you more about this particular breed.

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    How much do the Brahmas weigh? That in most cases tells their quality. That, and what do then hen's heads look like? Wide skull, deep set eyes? Is the tail wide and in an upside down U shape when viewed from back?

5. TaylorHobbyFarms

Dec 2, 2010
    I will take some pictures this evening, front and back, and add them to the photos so that you can judge for yourself. [​IMG]

6. TaylorHobbyFarms

Dec 2, 2010
    Here are some additional pictures of the Brahmas. I hope these are helpful.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Keep in mind that these are not full grown at 11 months. The hens average to around 8 pounds right now. I have 2 roosters and 9 hens. They will be over a year old at the time I collect the eggs for hatching the chicks in this auction.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

7. crankster76

crankster76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2011
    Kingston,Tn.
    Interested in ur JG's[ linage,size,etc]. not intersted in anything else but maybe we can talk giants. thanks

8. TaylorHobbyFarms

Dec 2, 2010
    My original Blue and Splash Jersey Giants I got from the McCurdy line and they have wonderful size and vitality to them. However, I have a young flock that I raised from a mix between the McCurdy line and a very nice Black Jersey Giant that we had and I can see a vast improvement in their lacing and still very good size. My experience is that when you mix blue with black you get a more even blue lacing on the blue offspring than you do when you mix blue and blue or black and splash...anyway, we have learned a lot with our Giants and they should make some very nice chicks. We have two separate flocks made up of 4 roosters and 16 hens, but I plan to separate them into smaller flocks later this month. I have some of my roosters pictured in my first post, but here are a couple of the hens. These pictures were taken last month. I will try to update with some pictures of our younger blue flock.

[​IMG]

We also got Best in Breed last Saturday with our blue cockerel at the NW Ga Poultry Club Show in Dalton.

[​IMG]

Let me know if you have any more questions and PM me if you want to talk about just getting some giants.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by