15 Black Copper Marans day old chicks **ship date 2-14**

Discussion in 'Chicks 1 Day to 8 Weeks Old' started by crazy4eggsJulie, Feb 11, 2012.

1. crazy4eggsJulie

crazy4eggsJulie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    [​IMG] In the mood for some Valentine's babies to love? [​IMG]

THIS HATCH JUST SOLD

Up for sale are (15) day-old Black Copper Marans Chicks.

PLEASE NOTE that expedited shipping fees and a warmer are ALREADY INCLUDED in the buy it now price.

These chicks have a ship date of February 14, 2012.

Payment must be made now in order to reserve this hatch. Please email or private message me first with your zipcode to make sure I can ship to your area. If you go on to purchase this auction, I will also need your name, address with zipcode,and phone number.

Our Black Copper Marans are of the Wade Jean C1 bloodlines which yield the nice terra cotta colored eggs. The dark egg photo was taken in October so that you can see the shades of the eggs we are hatching right now. As these same hens continue to lay, their eggs will gradually get lighter and lighter. Some of our eggs are solid, some appear to be "painted," and some are speckled.

Our flock is closed, so these birds have not been exposed to any other Marans bloodlines.
    This stock truly has a gentle temperament. My kids can even handle the roosters.

Feathering on the shanks meets the French Standard, not too heavy, not light, but moderate. Perfect for a breeding program, personal pets, and to add those beautiful and SUPER FUN dark shades to your egg basket! The kids will LOVE them!

These chicks are sold straight run-as they are too young to sex. You should be able to tell the males from the females at 6-8 weeks of age.

Our flocks have been tested and approved by the Texas Pullorum-Typhoid Program. As required by law, I will provide you with a copy of this report.

My shipping fees includes expedited express mail shipping rates through the USPS (which usually delivers in a day but can take two days depending on your location), the $3.00 Paypal charges for your payment, and the cost of the chick shipping box. Fees in February and March also include a shipping warmer.

I accept payment via Paypal and will need a current confirmed address as well as a PHONE NUMBER for the post office to call you at when the chicks arrive. If you do not include your phone number, I CANNOT ship the chicks. The chicks will be HELD AT THE POST OFFICE for you to come pick up so that they do not have to spend several more hours in transit on a mail truck.

Many factors affect hatch rates and sometimes they are out of our hands. In the event that your order is short a chick or two, we will gladly refund you for each chick we are short or we can substitute another breed in its place.

Please contact me with any questions. First come, first served. Once these sell, anyone else interested can send payment to reserve my next available hatch at the time.

February 14th-SOLD OUT
    February 21st -SOLD OUT

February 28th- SOLD OUT $145 total for chicks, shipping, and warmer
    March 5th- SOLD OUT

I have included photos of my actual birds and eggs so that you can see how beautiful and healthy they are. Thanks for your interest!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  2. TruWest

TruWest New Egg

Feb 9, 2012
    I am interested in your 20 black copper Marans for $145 ship date February 28 if it's still available. My zip code is 75495. I noticed you mentioned Texas, are you anywhere close to the Dallas area for pickup?

Thanks,
    Trudy West

3. crazy4eggsJulie

Mar 15, 2009
    Hi Trudy,
    the 2-28 hatch is still available. We live about an hour south of Houston, so I think it may be 5-6 hours from your zipcode. Shipping within Texas is actually $10 cheaper than to any other state, so you could expect the cost to only be $135. You are welcome to make the drive to pick them up and avoid the $35 in shipping fees, but with gas prices the way they are right now, it's probably alot cheaper to have them shipped. If you would like to reserve the 2-28 hatch, you can PM me your email address and I will invoice you for it. Once payment is made, it will be off limits to others. Feel free to email me with any other questions you may have. Thanks for your interest!

4. crazy4eggsJulie

Mar 15, 2009
    The Valentine's chicks are hatching now and will ship out tomorrow on Valentine's Day! They're still available, so pm or email me now to snatch them up!

5. Country Chickens

Country Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Orange County, NC
    Hey, we would like to buy the chicks hatching March 5. We've been eyeing black copper Marans for awhile now, and yours look lovely! I'll pm you with our info, but since this is my first time responding to an auction (squee!) let me know if there's anything I should do that I'm not doing. ;)

6. TruWest

TruWest New Egg

Feb 9, 2012
    Thanks for the information. I may have found someone close by to supply me. If that does not work out, I will certainly be back in contact with you. Thanks again for your time.

Trudy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by