15 Chickens!

5Chickens

Songster
12 Years
Dec 13, 2007
Yay!I am getting 15 Chickens.1 Rooster and 14 Hens.Oky So far here is my list.

Black Austrolorps
Buff Orps.
RIR
Easter Egg Chickens

I would like good laying hens and nice hens and a nice rooster.Which breed do you think is the nicest type of rooster.I would like variety of breeds so list some more that can lay and have a good personality.
big_smile.png

A silkie roo works for me. He breeds with my big girls. And I mean BIG. Like my brahma! He only has four girls and none of them are barebacked, he has a beautiful crow, is the sweetest bird I have, and does his job gently . I would reccoment them to anyone.

I think most roosters are nice to the hens once they get a bit older (a year or so), especially with that many hens. My nicest rooster is a Buff Orpington. He has never tried to attack me. He gets along well with the two roosters he grew up with, but he hates any others. I had some RIR roosters (9!) that were horrible. I'd suggest going with an Orpington rooster and a mix of hens if you're not set on having purebreds. If you are, I don't think you can go wrong with Orpingtons.

My silkie roo is actually just a cockeral but I dont like to spell it out. im so lazy.
big_smile.png
. here are a few breeds that are usually pretty nice. of course, someone might have the sweetest rir roo in the world and another might have a mean silkie. it jus depends.

plymouth rocks (usually)
silkies
orpingtons
cochins
brahmas
wyandottes

i love my leghorn boys!

Back
Top Bottom