15 Days since last egg!!!?????

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by BeulahBreezes, Oct 5, 2012.

1. BeulahBreezes

BeulahBreezes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2012
    Western NY
    It's been 15 DAYS since Lucy's last egg.........what is going on with her??? She's a 6 month old cuckoo marans.................any ideas? She's laid a total of 4 eggs since August. Thanks for any help with this.....~Beulah

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  2. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Is she going into the nest at all?

Could be many things. Usually pullets in their first year are not affected by lack of daylight, but I do have 4 that are.

She could be laying internally, though I hope not. I don't think that is common at this age anyway.

3. BeulahBreezes

Mar 31, 2012
    Western NY
    Thank you for your reply aoxa! No, she doesn't go to or use the nest box. ( The 4 and only eggs that she did lay, yes, she did use the nest box.) I guess I just don't understand how she or any chicken for that matter, can lay so infrequently??? Those 4 eggs where from Aug. through Sept.! Now nothing in 15 days. I am starting to wonder about her being an internal layer too. Although I have heard of CM's taking a very long time to start laying, BUT she already did lay some eggs..?! This is just weird! lol! ~Beulah

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  4. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I have a polish that is like that. She is not an internal layer, but if she is stressed in any way, she takes a break. She is blind in one eye, and when I clean it or put cream on it (she has a growth) she will stop laying for a week or more. She always starts back up, which is not the case with internal layers.

Usually internal layers DO visit the nesting boxes and leave without laying a thing. That's why I asked about that :)

5. BeulahBreezes

Mar 31, 2012
    Western NY
    Thank you...that gives me some hope for Miss Lucy!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by