$15 Discount on future hatching eggs from this auction! No reserve

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bargain, Dec 13, 2010.

1. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    We'd like to introduce to the BYC members our "The Garry Farm Certificates" which have been sold locally in our community and popular for the last 5 years. This is the perfect gift for now or anytime for in the spring to gift someone or yourself with hatching eggs or other items from our farm - baby chicks, ducks, guineas, turkeys, etc, hens, roosters, etc., produce, milk and eggs. Presently we are only shipping the hatching eggs, other items must be picked up at the farm.

We offer these in any denomination. Today we are auctioning off a $15 certificate to introduce the availability of these certificates

The certificates are valid for 1 yr.after purchase and they are available in any amount that you would like to purchase. Perfect for someone who likes fresh veggies, great eggs,milk, herbs, fruits, handmade items, baby bunnies, chicks,etc. and likes the idea of sponsoring a chemical free, sustainable farm.

Veggies, milk and eggs continue and now wonderful baby bunnies are available at the farm as well...Hatching eggs are available year round as well.

Please see feedback on our auctions under the current system as well as the old system.

Mailing information:
    We will mail you a certificate for you to send to the person of your choice (we can send either e mail or my postal mail). If you like we will also send directly to the recipient either via e mail or regular USPS mail.

You may use these certificates as payment toward auctions here on BYC as well!

Thank you so much for considering this time to sponsor a local farm while helping some one you love live a healthier and happier life!..Have a blessed day. Nancy

To learn more about us, our fulltime farm, our ethics, please visit our website
    http://thegarryfarm.webs.com/
    facebook: the garry farm

2. linda_zeagler31002

linda_zeagler31002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Adrian, Georgia
    hey Nancy, I went on your web site to day, wow, you are a busy women, you and your son in the picture holding the pigeons look mighty happy after all that hard farming work. Your pictures are great, wonderful farm life.

3. bargain

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Quote:Linda, LOL [​IMG] , you are so funny....That son is my husband....No, I'm not married to my son...The one you refer to is Jacque, hubby of over 10 years now. Isn't he a wonderful guy, works so hard, still cooks and does special projects, helps out everyone, is so good with ideas and adorable and so strong!!! But now we really need to talk about the price of extra eggs you need.....hehehehe... I'm not as old as I look, I've just lost about 1/3 of my body weight due to some serious chronic conditions...and since I live in the sun as well and laugh all the time, I'm just life wrinkles...........

Anyway, just to let you know I'm not insulted by all this, you must read one of my latest writings from our fbook page which is here:

The Woman I'm becoming....
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/note.php?note_id=166988833337526

The woman I am becoming
    by Nancy Garry on Monday, December 13, 2010 at 4:48am

When I was young I spent so much time gazing in mirrors or around them.....While walking I'd catch a sidewards look into a store window for a second look.

Let me see my hair, my painted nails and the crease of my shirt over my perfectly colored sweater

Wait my earring needs fixing

So now a touch of color? Is my painted face correct...I thought I was sly about it, but once sneaking a mirror glance in an empty storefront while walking with a friend at lunch, he asked, "Would you like me to buy you something at that store?" Out of my self conscious glaze, I blushed and giggled. Inside a small voice said, "caught"

I was so insecure of the real me that I spent my time emphasis and fixing my external me. I think sadly now of that young woman who thought she just wasn't enough and succumbed to the look right pressure of the times.

I was convinced that I could captivate the world with my wide Ipana smile and those perfect Brace corrected whitened teeth and my baby blue/green eyes that changed with the colors of my color palatted selected clothes.

Well my career and personal results at that time pretty well reinforced that very shallow attitude anyway!

I got older....Moving on to my late 20's a life full to live with family, career and a baby child to raise

Less time in that mirror, more on the rush and looking around in car mirrors as I travelled so many miles on that lonesome road. Looking for safety in those mirrors from cars, trucks, not really checking as much for that perfect face. Turned that emphasis for worldly perfection it on perfect family, perfect career, perfect house, new cars, new stuff and quick quick "restoration" time of my body, mind, and a little bit of time for spirit. Began to believe at this time I could read myself to perfection. Self improvement books, raising hubby and children books, decorating on a dime books replaced some of the cosmetic/beauty product obsession.

The 30's and 40's a continued rush of life changes, a single mother, changes in careers, my caregiving of parents and family.Much less me time and rather than spend it with Revlon, Lady Clairol, and Oil of Olay and the cosmetic county and spa and health place, I chose other places and instead of looking at myself to fix, I spent much more time looking at the faces of others needing help and poured my attention outward. It was a wonderful time of growth, but I still was lacking. I still tried to prop up my exterior body which I so wanted to get face lifted, tucked, lasered, etc. I dreamed of going in and coming out with the perfect body... God gave me this miraculous temple and I wanted to reconstruct and erase it?! Yes Unfortunately I did.

In my 50's I became very selective on enrichments, church time, quiet walk time, helping others time, writing time, learning new skills, beginning a farm, meditating, praying and asking My best friend God, "Is this what you would have me do?" I've literally a stack of makeup in original containers gathering dust and ruining as I've let my body change, naturally...I have the typical farmers tan, face, neck , hands, arms. no tanning beds anymore thanks. God selectively tans me.

My hair is silvering and that's fine...My nails are broken and chipped from honest and hard physical labor. Hands are chapped and red, scarred and often cut. No gloves can protect you from endless trauma. I have scars from some rooster and cage encounters. My heels are so rough that they cut and run wool socks. In the summer they are stained with dirt and wetness of my shoes as we work.

I like the woman I am becoming.....

Thank you Lord for being my Beauty agent.

Like tracing the years on an older tree, You can see my life. My role model is no longer the women on the Runway, it Is Mother Theresa

I'm leaner and trimmer and stronger because I'm working hours on God's land every day. Although I grabble with some serious diseases, laugh lines and wind and sun lines are all over my face. I must press forward. Self pity is so non productive. Those lines are natural and I wouldn't change them or those freckles and a few age spots as well. Sometimes I literally cannot find hair brush and either put my hair in a ribbon or a vegetable rubber band to dash an errand to town. People laugh when they see me, because I'm likely to have a feather in my hair or bunny fur on my black shirt as I dash the errands to mail hatching eggs, deliver produce, go to the feed & seed.... You see I cannot leave the farm behind me, it's as embedded in my clothes as it is my body.

I want feathers to go with me and bunny hair when I leave this earth as well.

My only house mirror is always needing cleaning, because what God wants others to see is:

My Spirit which should match His

My Soul which He created

His Love Freely Given

His Actions through My Caring

and My sharing

Not about Me but about Him

His Spirit and the Birth Of the Baby Jesus who was sent to Save Us

Merry Christmas

Amen

Love you all. Nancy Garry

copyrighted 2010
    =======================

Linda come visit fbook The Garry Farm and Jacque's and my pages as well!!

4. Vanessabuffsnsilkies

Vanessabuffsnsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    NE Ohio
    That is beautiful and I can really relate. Thanks for sharing it [​IMG]

5. linda_zeagler31002

linda_zeagler31002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Adrian, Georgia
    Great job Nancy, Just ......... Great!! Thank you for sharing it, and I do appoligize, and sure glad you didn't get insulted, that was not my intention, god knows, I am trying to get into those pearly gates on my day to go home. I had a experience a few weeks ago, I linked up per customers and friends request with this facebook, and oh sweet heavens, for two weeks, email to except friend invites, and most of people from high school that I haven't seen since high school, well, next a email that a young lady that I attended school with, she was the beauty queen, long wavey spriral deep rich brown hair, about 1oo lbs, skin so soft, and gentle tan, teeth so straight and bright, the guys adored her and every one wanted to be like her, well she wrote on my face book wall, Linda, oh my, I would have never reconized you, wow, you have really changed and her name signed, I looked at her picture and lord let me hold my tongue, no lord let me not, I would have never reconized her either, see I was a country girl, not a neighbor for 20 miles, and town was 30, my parents sheilded us in the fruit grove, making our own fresh jams and fruits, in the garden for our fresh canned and frozen veggies, our dad taught us to hunt and fish, he carried us when he went most times, and my parents were middle class workers and we had a 3-bedroom home on 12 acres way out in the country, because when mom became pregnant with me, dad said the city limits was no place to raise a family. All my friends were boys, and so I was rough, meaning, played touch football, played baseball, hunted, fished, and every weekend the boys hung out at my house and we swimmed in the catfish 2 acre pond, dad wouldn't pay to have a pool put in when mom asked for one, he said No, but I will dig a pond, and build a dock, and sand that area in for the kids to swim, well the little brim would nip you, lol, we raced our go carts and bikes, and well my hair rarley was not greesy, do to the deep brown hair I had and dad had our hair cut when he had his at the barber shop, at 9 yrs old I was developing breast due to I was 4 ft and weighed 160 lbs, little short, fat, dirty haired tom girl, now that I have painted you a visual picture, I replied on the facebook wall, Yes, they say a ugly duckling makes a beautiful swan, but a beautiful swan never keeps its beauty. I started working hard with our farm, well I have worked hard all my life and as time passed lost that weight, married a loving husband, that told me to go to the beauty parlor and get my hair, nails, and toes styled, buy some clothes that fit you, well, when all was said and done and about 3-months went by and the glamour was gone, I said Roy, look at my grey hair, it is a mess, and he said well baby go get it fixed if it makes you feel better, and I looked in the mirror, and I told Roy, well, I recand not then, I am going to age gracefully, I am a grandmother, and they have grey hair, I am a critter lover and my hands stay dirty, I don't have time to clean no fancy nails and not chip them, and my clothes, oh well, I usually got duck poop somewhere on me, from holding and loving my animals, and Roy, well I recand I am a completed women as there is, if I died today, I would leave this world a happy complete women, and yes it is hard work, and I feel just as glamerous.

6. ra

ra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    Arkansas
    I love that Nancy![​IMG]

7. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Fabulous idea, and I know just who I'll give it to!

8. BeckyBird

BeckyBird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    Nancy and Linda, I enjoyed reading both of your posts. Thank you for sharing with us!

9. bargain

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Becky Bird - A tale of Two farms and their ladies [​IMG] Well, back to this certificate offer.

I'm getting questions....You can apply this certificate to auctions, sales or even special orders from the farm for eggs, chicks, poults, keets, milk, veggies, etc. We do not ship birds, only eggs, so please remember that....Happy Bidding and Merry Christmas to all....Love y'all on BYC! Nancy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by