15++ Lavender Orpington Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by poniesnchicks, May 17, 2011.

1. poniesnchicks

poniesnchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2011
    Near Lexington
    The Lavenders are part of the ongoing "Lavender Project" originating from the HinkJC line. Lavender Orpingtons are still a "project" and need work bringing to full Orprington standards. These are F4's in the project and would be a great foundation for any project or flock. My flock currently consists of lavender and split black hens under a lavender rooster, meaning they can produce both lavenders and blacks carrying the lavender gene from your hatch. This flock is producing a high amount of lavenders and VERY HIGH hatch rates. Both hens are very healthy and laying well. I cannot guarantee hatch rates on eggs due to variables beyond my control, but I am hatching between 80 and 100% at home. If shipping is needed, it will be at the buyerÂ’s expense. I accept paypal. Thank you!

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    What's your ratio of Lavender and Split Lavender under this Lavender rooster? I would think the buyer would want to know but that might just be me asking.

3. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    Hey Sandy, her ratio is really lavender high. Out of close to 30 chicks hatched I believe she has only hatch 2 or 3 black. Her pullets are offspring from your stock. [​IMG] Wish when I hatch them I got her luck with all the lavs, me.... I end up with all the splits. [​IMG]

4. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Quote:Got it, that's why I asked! [​IMG] My ratio was always like yours that's why the splits left and I kept what lavs I could! lol

5. poniesnchicks

poniesnchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2011
    Near Lexington
    That is right...I have hatched 30 chicks and have gotten 3 splits. The fertility and hatch rate is amazing too! I am hatching a minimum of 80% and one hatch was 100 %! I am anxious to see how they do shipped! I have more hatching this weekend....so I DO NOT want to re load the incubator!! [​IMG] Lavender chicks EVERYWHERE!!!!!!

6. alaina

alaina Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    North middle TN
    Beautiful chickens!!
    Alaina

7. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    is it just 2 hens laying these? 1 black and 1 lav?
    (I noticed you said BOTH hens)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by