15 new baby chicks on the way!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by six little chicks, Jun 18, 2010.

1. six little chicks

six little chicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2010
    Hornell, NY
    When we first got our six chicks, my DB's sister thought we were nuts [​IMG]. But now she has been up to our house on several occassions now just to sit out back and watch the chicks run around. Well, yesterday was my DB's birthday, for his birthday, his sister ordered him, [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] 15 chicks [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] and they should arrive sometime next week. She ordered [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] 10 Silkie assortments, and 5 Sebright assortment [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]. This will be interesting, I have to pull out my brooder and make sure that is all cleaned and get my house presentable so his sister can visit on a daily basis to play with the chicks. This is going to be fun. Another good thing, DB told my DS that he can pick out one of the chicks for himself to replace the rooster that we lost earlier this week. [​IMG] I will post plently of pictures when they come.

I have a quick question though, how big of a brooder will I need to start these guys off in, I have an 2 1/2' x 3 1/2' brooder I started my other six out in and then moved them to a big plastic livestock waterer? Thanks. [​IMG]

2. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2010
    Depending on how big the livestock waterer is I would just start them in that. I started mine in one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by