15+ *RARE* CREAM LEGBAR HATCHING EGGS INCLUDING SHIPPING

boykin2010

Crowing
12 Years
Sep 26, 2010
South Georgia
Up for your consideration are 15+ Cream Legbar Hatching Eggs. I acquired my stock from Greenfire Farms.
For those of you who are interested, you can either post here or PM me. I do require a $50 non-refundable deposit to be added to the list. I can have eggs out as soon as next week. PM me if you have any questions and I can give you an approximate date of when the eggs would be ready to ship.

The extremely rare Cream Legbar is an Auto-sexing breed which means that the sex of the chicks can be identified at hatch. The Cream Legbar male chicks are generally lighter in color and have a defined white to yellow spot on their heads, and the female chicks have a well defined darker chipmunk striping, and lack the light spot on the head.
Cream Legbars are new to the United States having been imported in early 2011. There are currently only a handful of US breeders offering these birds.

Cream Legbars are good layers of blue to green tinted eggs and are a medium sized breed. The males weigh 6-7 1/2 pounds and the females weigh 4 1/2-6 pounds. They are truly a beautiful breed as you can see from the pictures of my birds above.

Our farm is NPIP certified and our birds are healthy and happy. We take great care in collecting and storing our hatching eggs. Eggs are collected during the day and are marked and stored on an automatic egg turner in a cool environment until boxed for shipping. We DO NOT wash hatching eggs.

We take extreme care in packaging for shipping. We want you to receive your eggs in the same condition as we would expect from a seller.

Disclaimer:
We have had a great fertility rate here with fertility being 100% so far.
Due to the many variables of shipping hatching eggs and the many different incubating techniques, including but not limited to, postal handling, x-ray, temperature, humidity, turning techniques, incubator type, etc., we cannot guarantee your hatch rate. We recommend you use a high quality and tested incubator with an automatic egg turner, a calibrated thermometer or two and a calibrated hygrometer.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL.

We DO NOT Ship to Alaska, Hawaii, or Internationally
Express Shipping available for an extra fee

Last edited:
I bought six of these from Boykin and all six are on lockdown, due to hatch tomorrow. Awesome for shipped eggs! I am so excited. I also bought eggs from another seller and the other batch had two cracked eggs and one that didn't develop. I hatched two chicks out of six eggs. The eggs from Boykin are larger, more round in shape, and a prettier blue color. Had I seen this listing earlier I would have had that March 5 slot! My girls should be laying by the time he has more openings or I would be buying. Heck, my girls should be laying now !

Just wanted to give a
thumbsup.gif

Mary

Hatched yesterday and overnight from Boykin's cream legbar eggs, 3 females, two males! Robust little chicks, hatched easily, and so pretty!

Hatched yesterday and overnight from Boykin's cream legbar eggs, 3 females, two males! Robust little chicks, hatched easily, and so pretty!

So cute! I need to know your hatching secrets! I'm having a terrible time with shipped eggs!! :rolleyes:

I don't have any secrets. The eggs were well packed and arrived quickly. They sat upright for about eight hours then went into the Brinsea Advance EX incubator. I started incubating them but did not put them on the auto-turner until the following day. I tried my best to avoid over candling, which I am guilty of. I did candle them at day 3 to confirm development and again at lockdown. I used the dry hatch method until Day 20 when I turned the humidity pump on at 65%. All chicks hatched without assistance, dried quickly and have been happy, healthy and adorable chicks ever since. That is why I jumped back in for 6 more eggs from Bryce!

Mary

Back
Top Bottom