15++ Ringneck Pheasant Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Rebel Rooster, May 18, 2011.

1. Rebel Rooster

Rebel Rooster I Will Love! :)

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    Hi Guys! Rebel Roo here [​IMG]
    Here's my "Poster Child" Pheasant & his girls! They've really started laying now... [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My birds are 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 years old now and they are gettin' the job done folks! I'm gonna send you 15 (plus extras) of our Ringneck hatching eggs...
    [​IMG]
    PAYMENT INFO: You can send paypal to: [email protected] and Pls describe what you won in the "Note" section of the invoice... or if you want, you can send me your paypal email address along with a note telling me what you won and I will send you an invoice.

Thanks for lookin' Guys! Wade
    www.RushLanePoultry.com

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  2. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    These are gorgeous! And, thanks so much for all of your help with the incubator questions a while back.. I wound up purchasing a homemade cabinet.... having a few issues like the top tray is a bit warmer than the middle which is a bit warmer than the bottom which is a bit warmer than the hatching tray.. I guess this is normal? My eggs are all developing fine. I've been moving them down once they start developing.. then pop next weeks up top.

Anyway, I'd really like to raise and release these on my farm. I only have 25 acres but the neighbors around me all have 50+ and the Antietam Battlefield is two farms over. It's probably a good few thousand acres... most in hay and orchard grass and a lot of rock breaks and corn fields. how do you think they'll do? If I release twice a year for a few years? will they brood ya think?

3. Rebel Rooster

Rebel Rooster I Will Love! :)

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    Quote:Thanks for all of the kind words! The Pheasants will be very prolithic within 1 or so generations in the wild... Wow! Yall live right next door to a history class! [​IMG]

4. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Wow! I am so excited about this. I remember seeing ringnecks and bobs here when we first moved in 1985.. then, they all just disappeared. I contacted our local ag dept and got in touch with a no at all of all things gamebirds and he said I would need an "approved place" to release and that my area would not be [​IMG] ah.... it's perfect because many of the crop fields are now pasture and the grasses get high and the fence rows have been let go.. perfect. I spoke with someone else a couple months back and she knows some farmers a few towns away that were releasing secretly and the populations seem to be increasing.

If you'd like to come and visit for a weekend, we're having a huge swapmeet on the farm at the end of June... .camping is permitted [​IMG] I may even make an exception and let you metal detect if you can come packing heat with some chickens and gamebirds [​IMG]

http://mdpoultryswap.blogspot.com/

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by