1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

1502 SPORTSMAN

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rvbbz92, Feb 20, 2012.

1. rvbbz92

rvbbz92 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2010
    I got a new 1502 sportsman last week. Have been using an LG. What a difference! this may be a silly question but why would you need to know how many times the egg turners rotate. It has a counter that tells you how many times it rotates. Anyone have any tips to share about there 1502. The instructions were very short. Thanks

2. TaylorHobbyFarms

TaylorHobbyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    I have actually been considering getting a 1502 myself so I will have to keep an eye on this thread. I just need another incubator due to size and for a back-up. I have my current cabinet incubator set to turn every 4 hours and this seems to work well. What is the optimum number for turning, I am not sure. Maybe someone here can shed some light on the optimum number of turns per day for your hatching eggs and why.

3. cashdl

cashdl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2008
    Willits
    I have a brand new Dickeys incubator and a Dickeys hatcher. The incubator turns every two hours, I don't have to worry about it. It doesn't have a counter on it and doesn't need one. Maybe it is just assuring to know that it turns every time and that is why there is a counter.

Lanae

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by