????

Mandied

Songster
Jul 24, 2022
Vincennes, Indiana
I hope this isn't a stupid question? I went out to clean my coop this morning and one of my oegb wasn't wanting to come out in the run with the other oegb and my d'uccle. My older 3 will be 22 weeks this Saturday. Could she be possibly getting close to laying? Her not is real red and I red that when the nose gets red that's a sign.

Most hens will develop bright red combs and wattles when they're ready to lay - but some don't. She's the right age to start laying, so that could be the reason. But in case it's something else, you should check on them frequently today and see if there is any bullying going on, and to make sure she's getting to eat and drink. Watch for any signs of illness.

Most hens will develop bright red combs and wattles when they're ready to lay - but some don't. She's the right age to start laying, so that could be the reason. But in case it's something else, you should check on them frequently today and see if there is any bullying going on, and to make sure she's getting to eat and drink. Watch for any signs of illness.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom