1583 Hova-Bator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CornerViewFarm, Jul 21, 2008.

1. CornerViewFarm

CornerViewFarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2008
    Ohio
  2. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

I figured I would wait to see what other said, my words come with the following disclaimer: I am not an expert, nor did I sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night, however I am currently using one and this is my first hatch EVER.

Now that the formalities are over.. I can say.. seems great but I HATE the water tray... I don't know how in the world your supposed to know if it's half full, or all the way full, I can hardly see which trough to fill, and the bright idea of taping down aluminum foil to cover part of the surface area just kills me... I mean.. what am I supposed to do, take the eggs out and redecorate the incubator?

Well... that's it for me... other than that.. seems great. I resorted to a cup of water during the incubation, but I must admit getting the humidity up enough for hatch time without filling the bottom water tray is difficult.. so at this point, I'm piping water SOMEWHERE into the bottom tray via a straw inserted through the hole that the plug for the turner goes out through.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2008
  3. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I hope you get more answers on this. I see there are 18 available. I may be interested if they are good ones. [​IMG]

4. sara

sara Title Needed Here

That's the one I have. I have no problems with it. It works great for me.

Take the plastic tray out, use two different color markers and color the underside of the water resevoirs. You'll be able to see if there is water more easily. You don't need much water to get to 40-45% humidity. I use an old incubator for a hatcher, so I have no experience with if after day 18. [​IMG]

5. CornerViewFarm

CornerViewFarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2008
    Ohio
    Thats a good idea sara, it just came today and i was looking at the tray and wasn't sure how im soposed to know how much water to put in. How much water do you have to put in the tray if you measured? Thanks for the help so far:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by