1588 Genesis Hova-Bator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by stefshens, Mar 12, 2015.

1. stefshens

stefshens Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2014
    Hello All,

I'm potentially picking eggs up tomorrow and I just purchased this incubator. After reading numerous reviews and ratings, this seemed like the most affordable option for a first-timer!

I was thinking about purchasing an additional thermometer/hygrometer and I was wondering if anyone thought this was necessary or had a recommendation of which one I should purchase.

I was considering this one, but in the detailed description is says it does not fit the Genesis - http://incubatorwarehouse.com/incubator-remote-thermometer-hygrometer.html

Any advice would be great appreciated!

2. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    I definitely recommend using at least 2 (I use three) thermometers and your hygrometer in the bator. I made the mistake of buying just one (brand new) thermometer for my first hatch and never checked it for accuracy. Because of that mistake I ended up with a failed hatch because the thermometer was 6 degrees off. I don't have a recommendation on which though there are members on here that are particular and will recommend a certain one. Mine are mid line thermometers and since they are all w/in .5 degrees of each other I'm satisfied, (as long as I keep having good hatches...lol). I can say the thermometer that I bought and was so far off was a Springfield (dial like a clock, not digital) that had the hygrometer so I definitely DON"T recommend that one.

3. stefshens

stefshens Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2014
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm hoping someone will have a recommendation on which one I should purchase.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by