1588 hova-bator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lincolnsilkies, Oct 5, 2011.

1. lincolnsilkies

lincolnsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    Lincoln Nebraska
    I loved this incubator till i went in lock down today is day 19 i have them locked down and the humidity at 65 the darn temp keeps dropping what can i do?

2. jm93030

jm93030 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    if none of the eggs have peck yet

what you can do is
    add paper towels to the plastic tray under the wire
    this will retain more humidity

also the red plug must be on

3. Mandymooligan

Mandymooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Chino Valley, AZ
    Quote:I went through this last night (my first day of lockdown) . I had added too much water (even though warm) and that is what was keeping my temps down. When I woke up this morning it was 97.02! I had to start over, remove the eggs, empty most of the water, added a warm (but not dripping wet)sponge. and my temps came back up and stayed there. It has been at 100.5 and 75% humidity all day. I hope they did not suffer because of it. I have it rigged where I can add warm water directly through the vent onto the sponge. Mine had not pipped yet. Still haven't.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  4. lincolnsilkies

lincolnsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    Lincoln Nebraska
    Wonderful thank you i will try that!! mine havent started pipping yet either!

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Keep the faith. ne of my incubators went down to 93 the one day because of a power outage. When the power came back on one of the incubators went up to 115. Another time on our coldest night I lost power, I was 2 weeks into incubation. The temp in the incubator was 78 degrees when I discovered it. I put the incubator on a battery pack with an inverter and brought the temp back up. I still had good hatches. It takes time for the internal temperature in the eggs to cool down or heat up so I don't think that will really affect the hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by