1588 Hovabator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tiki244, Mar 30, 2008.

1. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    I was looking at a 1588 hovabator for 110$ and was wondering if that is a good price----for those who have one----and I was wondering what type of thermostat it has---it says it is already set but does not say what kind it is [​IMG]

2. Yogiman

Yogiman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
    You can PM MissPrissy about this cause she knows at least 101 things about them. She's our go to expert. [​IMG]

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    If you are asking if it has a wafer the answer is no. It has its own preset enclosed thermostat wired to the fan.

I would only buy direct from GQF. They are $115 plus shipping. However, for that extra $5 you are getting excellent customer service and product support. Questions get answered by the people who invented and designed the Hovabator. I don't like middle men when I can buy direct.

I had a problem with a new 1588 and was shipped a replacement next day. No questions asked.

4. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Thanks Yep I found GQF and will be ordering from them----I suppose the thermometer they give you is not worth much though is it? [​IMG] Do I need to buy another Accurite? [​IMG] I have one but its in use. I ordered all these eggs and they are coming in two weeks and realised I just cant incubate them all in my homemade bator. [​IMG]

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    The thermometer is just a plain old fashioned glass therm like you pick up at the drug store.

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

You won't be sorry you got the 1588. I've got 2 of them plus a 1590 which is the older model and I really like them a lot. Soon you'll be ordering another...and then another...... [​IMG]

7. littlebanty

littlebanty Chillin' With My Peeps

I have the 1588 and I have been happy with it. It stays at the temp you set it to. No fluctuation in temps with this one!

8. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Quote:[​IMG] yeah kinda like the chickens

9. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

It's a terrific incubator, mine has never spiked, stays at 100 all the time. [​IMG]

10. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Add me to the list of happy 1588 owners. I have 2 and love them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by