1588 wont heat up

RonnieAtkeson

Songster
11 Years
Sep 12, 2008
Tahlequah Oklahoma
Just a quick question. I cleaned my 1588 and there was tape over the fan, i thought i was suppose to remove it and just forgot the first time i used it. Now the 1588 isnt heating up, is that tape suppose to be there?

The fan may be broken, that's okay i just mean it's time for a new one.
big_smile.png

The fan works, just no heat. I just tried replacing it with some scotch tape and the motor sounded louder as soon as i covered it. Well see. Hope i didnt break teh thing after 1 use.

I just noticed the little red light isnt on either.

Last edited:
check the stat and be sure one of the switches is in the on position, normally number 4, if so switch it off then on again, ,
is the red light coming on?

Well, this may sound stupid, but, if you have an autoturner, just double check to make sure that you didn't plug the turner in and forget about the bator... I did that my first time, lol.

It appears to me that the Themestat is not working. I wonder if i did something to it during cleaning. I cant imagine what. The light wont blink an i cleaned it according to there directions. I even reset it according to there directions and no light blink.

Hrmm, I didn't see/remove any tape from mine, except that plastic stuff on the outside (top) of the window that prevents scratches during shipping. Maybe you accidentally pulled something loose? Try wiggling some wires around or something.

Besides all of the more obvious stuff, when mine got whacky and I went to restore it to factory settings....It kept blinking...then I realized the arrow for OFF points the OTHER way....Its really easy to confuse OFF from ON with the toggle switches, or maybe it's not easy and I was just really estoopido about it, but I did it several times before I figured it out. Its all better now. Look real close at the toggle switch settings and make sure they're ON at all.
Tina

I have switch number 4 on, still no light. This is frustrating. I emailed Gqf, hoping for a response tommarow. I cant even find the cost of replacing the preset tstat on there site.

Just wanted to add when i went to bed it was at 90degrees when i woke up, 75.6 I didnt pay attention to the light then so i dont know if it was working then or not. I dont seem to remember it but who knows.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom