1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

16+ 2 and (Whatever You Choose) White Leghorn Hatching Eggs for Sale

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by TaylorHobbyFarms, Jun 3, 2011.

1. TaylorHobbyFarms

TaylorHobbyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    This auction is for 16+ fertile hatching eggs from our Pearl White Leghorns. If you would like more than 18 eggs (to fill your incubator, etc.) additional eggs are available at $1 each. Our chickens are all well taken care of, having spacious separate pens and being allowed to free range alternately during the week. We do not use artificial lights nor straight laying crumble, so our hens are happy and unstressed. None of the breeds are allowed to mix so you are guaranteed to receive eggs from the breed listed in this auction.

[​IMG]

Leghorns are excellent layers of white eggs, laying about 280 eggs per year, with a great egg to feed to egg conversion ratio. Leghorns are the most popular commercial strain of laying chickens in the world and the white single comb variety was recognized by the American Poultry Association (APA) in 1874. They first originated from Tuscany in central Italy and were imported into North America in 1853. The Leghorns are a light, active breed, are rarely broody, and are considered efficient foragers. They tend to be nervous and flighty. The average weight for roosters is 5 1/2 pounds, the hens weighing in at 4 pounds. The pullets will start laying at an early 4 1/2 to 5 months and will continue 10 to 12 weeks longer than most other chickens. Their resistance to disease is very high. The recognized colors of Leghorns are white, black, black tailed red, light brown, dark brown (sometimes referred to as chocolate), black, blue, buff, Columbian, buff Columbian, barred, exchequer and silver. We are offering the Pearl White variety.

[​IMG]

All our flocks have received their NPIP Certification, having been tested for both Pullorum and Typhoid. I also carry an egg candling license and a poultry dealer/broker license. We have been raising chickens for more than ten years and have been hatching from our own eggs for the last two.

[​IMG]

I will begin gathering eggs at the end of the auction and will ship USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation on the following Monday, as long as payment is received beforehand. Please understand that the longer you wait for payment, the longer the eggs are held, and the possibility of fertility and hatching declines. When the eggs are shipped, I will wrap them individually with tissue, place them in a breathable carton and ship them Priority mail in a box filled with packing peanuts. Out of over 200 eggs shipped this year, I have only had a report of 2 breaking. Unfortunately, we have no control over what happens to the eggs once they leave our hands, i.e. rough handling, x-rays, poor incubator settings, etc. I will try to send a minimum of at least 2 extra eggs to increase the odds for you to get all the eggs that you ordered. If you would like more than 18 eggs (to fill your incubator, etc.) additional eggs are available at $1 each. Just consider that each 8 additional eggs will take me an extra day to collect. Just to give you an idea on how long hatching eggs last, I held my last White Leghorn eggs for ten days and only had 1 infertile out of 24.

I will send a link to my Paypal e-mail upon completion of the auction. Please pay within 48 hours of the end of the auction. This is required for the freshest and best hatching eggs possible!

Shipping only available to the lower 48 states.

Good luck and happy bidding!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by