16 Buckeye hatching eggs available - Colorado

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by corancher, Feb 28, 2008.

1. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:CO to CT on a cold week. Why not...

Sold

2. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    Thanks so much. We were in the 60's today. Hope the warm weather follows the box. They will be in the mail tomorrow.

Ann

3. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    PC hatch lots and send some down here to me and Marlin [​IMG]

Henry

4. Sharisr32

Sharisr32 Egg Killer ;)

Jan 14, 2007
    OH/PA Boarder
    I love this breed - Hope you get a good hatch- Keep us posted

5. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    I did an on the side swap with someone just because they had buckeyes....lol. I have my fingers [​IMG] I get some in my batch.

I've read they lay well, and are very cold hardy.

Julie [​IMG]

6. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    I have one pullet that came from Ideal and she was very slow to mature.Now that she is 10 months old she is a solid brick and lays a medium sized egg.At first she was a little flighty but in the last month I caught her in the house and gave her some attention, now she is all over me when I'm in the coop and will close her eyes almost immediately after I pick her up.She's quickly becoming a favorite even though she's been her for almost a year.I would not mind having a couple of more if they layed a bigger egg.

7. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Hopefully the Buckeyes will do ok in the mail. If I only end up with a 25% hatch
    I'll still be happy. Ever since mdbucks made me aware of the Buckeye I have wanted
    a few.

Thanks corancher. That was a good deal.

8. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I believe this is the same gal that I just got some black orp eggs off of ebay. I was extremely happy with the order; bought 12, got 18, all extremely well packed. Id buy from her again.

9. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    Yes. That would likely be me. I have Black Orps, Blue Orps, Buff Orps, Buckeyes, Delawares, Barnevelders, Andulusians all in pure breed pens.

I have turkeys - White Hollands, Auburn, Slates, Red Bourbons and Bronze.

I have ducks - Black Crested, Saxony, Golden Cascades, and a pair of Pekins. I need a new Rouen male for my female. Coyote got him last fall.

I also have geese - pair of blue Sebastopols from Holderead's, along with two Lavender Ice (I hope male and female), one giant dewlape Brown African male, and two Pilgrim females.

I last but not least guineas in white, pearl, purple, sky blue, coral blue, lavender, and one bronze.

Thanks for the kind words. I try to help my customers get the best possible hatch. Happy hatching everyone.

Ann

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by