16 Buff Orpington Eggs. From Exhibition stock NPIP

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by FlashPointFarm, Nov 8, 2010.

1. FlashPointFarm

FlashPointFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    Iowa
    16 exactly, as that is the most I can fit safely in a shipping box. You may or may not get show quality birds from this hatch. Fertility is great. 5 out of 5 just hatched recently out of eggs I sold.

I have 2 roosters with 8 hens. One rooster is very large and broad that I have in the breeding pen to keep his size in my line. The 2nd rooster is shorter, very broad and has very short shanks. These are very sweet birds, and laying machines! I'm very happy with the broadness of the heads on these birds also. Color is excellent, with nice broad feather.

I was going to show the shorter rooster this month, but I clipped their wings when they were in an outdoor grow out pen earlier this year. He didn't molt all of those clipped feathers out and I didn't have the heart to yank such big feathers out. Next year though, watch out!!!

Packing:
    Each egg is individually wrapped in bubble wrap to form a pillow. The box is lined with bubble wrap and packing peanuts. Each egg is set in with the air cell up. Then I line the outside of the eggs with plastic bags or newspaper, top with more packing peanuts, more paper and seal. I mark the box "Perishable", "No X-rays" and "This side up". Your package will be shipped USPS Priority mail with delivery confirmation. I will email you the delivery confirmation number upon shipment.

I have yet to get a report of broken eggs with this shipping method.

[​IMG]

Payment:
    Payment is due immediately after auction end, paypal instant payment only. Please send payment to [email protected]

Guarantee:
    Due to circumstances beyond my control, there is no way to guarantee your hatch. With all of the variables involved, shipping hatching eggs is a gamble. I do everything in my power to make sure your eggs are in viable condition for transit.

Substitutions:
    Substitutions may be available upon request. If you would like another breed that I have substituted, for a combo, please email me directly so we can arrange payment.

2. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Do you have any more pics ? Especially full body shots of the roos ?

3. FlashPointFarm

Jan 24, 2009
    Iowa
    I'll take some more in the morning. These pix were taken when they were molting. They look much better now.

4. RAREROO

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    That would be great.

Thanks [​IMG]

5. Chickie15

Chickie15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Yeah, some more pics would be wonderful [​IMG]

6. FlashPointFarm

Jan 24, 2009
    Iowa
    Here are more pix I took this afternoon. I took some inside and outside.

Here is Big Boy, the roo I kept for size.
    [​IMG]

Next, Get Shorty, he was the one I was going to show, but he didn't molt out the wing feathers that I clipped this Spring. He's very sweet and easy to handle. His wing is a little dropped in the outside pix because I kept snapping pix right after he'd crow. They are usually tight.
    [​IMG]

And one of Shorty in the barn.
    [​IMG]

If you want more, just let me know.

7. RAREROO

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Oooo Me gusta mucho. I might have to try some sometime next year, I'm not messing with chicks over the winter.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by