I took a break from fence construction and started my coop build this weekend. My chicks will be here on the 20th and I want to brood them in the coop. I originally planned for 6 chickens but somehow I ordered 16 instead. I'm using this plan for my coop and modifying it. http://animalscience.ucdavis.edu/Avian/plhouse1.pdf My coop is 8 ft x 8 ft, taller, has a sloped roof and I added a base of 4x4 ground contact treated timbers. Saturday I framed the walls with some help from my soon to be niece-in-law, Amy. The ends of the walls are cut at a 45 degree angle and bolt together. The sides slope front to back with just enough angle for the rain to run off. Snow is rare and light here. Sunday I lap cut the foundation lumber, leveled it and put the attaching bolts in. Together Amy and I put the walls on the foundation. Then we used clamps to straighten all the warped corners, top and bottom and I put in screws as well as the bolts to get it square. (So much for the portable aspect.) I was going to hang joists today but I have the wrong joist hangers. It was a good place to stop.