16 +Eggs, French Black Copper Marans,Lav. Orpingtons & more!

bargain

Love God, Hubby & farm
11 Years
Apr 13, 2008
Bowdon, GA
This is a beautiful assortment of eggs. The price for shipping is fixed although it may be a bit of a loss for us in some areas, we want to be sure to make it easier for your to make your paypal payments.
If you want insurance, please send $18.50 not $16.50 for shipping as the insurance from USPS costs us $2.00 more.
Our paypal is [email protected]

Our small farm is in the South and the temperatures are still very warm and our ladies are continuing to lay very well..

Here's what you will be getting in your assortment:

A. Lavendar Orpington Eggs - anticipate 4 eggs, may be more or less....(these were born of a beautiful flock born from Hinkjc eggs)

A baby from the Lavendar project orpingtons:
8875_babylavinhands.jpg

Some of the adults:
8875_lavendars.jpg

B. Some eggs from our Split Black Lavendar Orpington Pen
Hinkjc's split black/lavendar orpington eggs and I received a second batch in January 2010...This flock has been laying now for 4+ months. I have 1 rooster for 4 hens ratio and fertility has been great. I'm doing a test run on them now and have 100% fertility and development showing even in my stryofoams, one of which has to be reset every 4 hours! I must repair my cabinet!

Pictures below are with my now famous $39 walmart camera...hope hubby is looking and will buy a new camera for birthday! and that is deer fencing that covers the top of the pen...These are really big birds I wanted to be sure you knew it was deer fencing. Deer fencing is a much wider plastic that the fencing on the side of a chain link. Hope that helps with perspective of the picture and their enormous size.

8875_splitblacklavhens.jpg

8875_partialsplitlav.jpg

C. Some eggs from our wonderful Black Copper Marans. We have been blessed with some beautiful Black Copper Marans (feathered legs, French standard) we bought as one day olds from Copper King on this board. These are Wade Jeane line, C-1. All of the flock are feathered and produce feathered babies. Egg coloring has been wonderful.

Some of the eggs shipped four weeks ago. Color fades a bit in the fall but all our flock comes from really dark eggs:
8875_bcmeggcolor.jpg

Here's a picture of some of the Black Copper Marans babies
http://thegarryfarm.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=77550790
D. Some of our Blue/Black/Splash Orpington Eggs - wonderful lines on these as well, please refer to some of our closed auctions for their lineage
8875_fadedbbs.jpg

E. Possible Extra Eggs - will include more of the above and I hope to be able to tuck in a gorgeous Wheaten Marans egg or two from our Bev Davis/Buddy Henry lineage.
Here's one of the pretty pullets from the original flock! No pullet eggs will be included however!!!!! My pullets are in a separate penned area.
8875_wheatanpullet1.jpg

Also the possibility of a few pretty Welsummer eggs as well.

If you don't want to purchase online, but purchase directly from our farm, please pm and we'll be glad to do that as well. Pickups from our farm are welcomed and scheduled.

We breed toward the anticipated standards in our flocks

We are very care about selecting, carefully packing, packing materials, priority shipping and confirmation delivery. If extra(s) are available at the time of shipping, I'll include those as well. Usually I compute the shipping based on your zip code and whether you want insurance or express mailing instead of our regular priority shipping with confirmation delivery but in order to get this package moving tomorrow, we are giving a FLAT rate on our shipping. We only ship within the continental US (48 states) and to Alaska.

We ship eggs the same way we would like to receive them. We bubble wrap each egg separately, putting in a regular box (not an egg carton) which is then cushioned and set in a larger box. These are not the prepaid priority boxes but we use the large boxes that can be ordered through USPS as the standard mailing box. Our mailing costs can often be higher than the prepaid boxes but we find that they arrive in better shape, so it's well worth the extra time, packing materials and shipping costs. Occasionally with a large order, we will use an even larger outside box. Even as carefully as we ship, we cannot guarantee that there will be no breakage in transit. We do not guarantee the percentage of your hatch as the incubators temperature and humidity are very variable. We will provide assistance to you during the hatch and help in every way possible to have the best hatch possible.

We are a chemical free farm and farm full-time. We feed our animals with the best feed, sprouted grains, fresh grasses, treats from the garden and loving care. For more information about our farm, please visit our website http://www.thegarryfarm.webs.com/

Please
check out our feedback.
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pcz6aC_klXJDTE8H01hR-RA
and the current feedback system at the top of this listing.

Voluntary Testimonials are also available at our website. Please be sure to see the miracle hatch that occurred in Alaska from our eggs that were accidentally left out over night....It's here:
http://thegarryfarm.webs.com/apps/blog/show/3673186-never-give-up-

We encourage you to look at feedback on prior listings as well under the archives BSA such as this one:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=342207

We are only able to accept USPS money orders or paypal and ship only within the continental US states and Alaska. Pickups at our farm are also allowed

Here are baby pics of black copper marans
8875_babymarans.jpg

Please let me know if you have any questions. Happy Bidding!

Thanks and have a blessed day. Nancy
========================================================================
Also selling and taking orders for the following hatching eggs - Speckled Sussex, Blue, Black and Splash Orpingtons, Buff Orpington, Heritage Rhode Island Red, Welsummers, Lavendar Orpingtons, barred rocks, Heritage delawares and Easter Eggers and Split/Black Lavendar Orpington, White Leghorns
And crested and non crested peking duck. Turkey, geese and guinea eggs are now out of season. Will also be offering PURE Coronation Sussex this spring 2011!

Hello Bargain,
Any ideas as to how many lav orps and marans, especially wheaten marans will be in this lot?
Thanks so much!
Phage

Quote:
Phage, I could let you know a little closer to time, last box I sent had 4 lavs and 4 wheaten marans. I cannot recall how many BCM's...My full records are in the barn and I haven't been up there yet today. Could be more or less depending on their laying patterns.... I know this is vague but I won't collect eggs until the day before shipping to assure best opportunity for shipping.

Thought I would share the latest hatching report on this package....since many of you have been writing and asking.

As reported to me. Three BCM's hatched so far, 2 are still in incubator. All Straight Lavendar Orpingtons Hatched and 6 out of 7 viable Split/Black Lavendar Orpintons hatched (one pipped but did not make it through) and one was clear at 14 days. Wheaten eggs are still in the incubator

Also, it was reported that of the Split/Black Lavs - 2 were Lavendar and the rest Black....So our farm's happy buyer ended up with FOUR Lavendar Orpingtons (in visual color).... and many many black orpingtons and also BCM's and hatching is still continuing!

For shipped eggs this is outstanding hatching record~~~~! Your results will vary according to your incubator, handling by you and the post office. But wanted to share with you the latest. And yes, one of you asked, if I really do pray as I select and wrap each egg and ship them and the answer is absolutely yes.... I pray for the safety of travel, the babies to be, the households they will bless and your household as well.
Love, hugs and prayers to all...Nancy

Back
Top Bottom