16 Golden Phoenix Chicks! Ages from 2wk-6wks ~ Corapeake, NC

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Tbird84, May 14, 2011.

1. Tbird84

Tbird84 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2010
    Corapeake, NC
    I have 16 golden phoenix chicks that need new homes. I can't guarantee their sex, but can make a good guess. Some are starting to show their combs. The oldest is about 6wks old. I am almost positive it's a pullet. The adult hens have the most wonderful and docile personalities. I am not claiming these to be show quality, however, the roo and one of the hens have been shown in the past. What type of show and if they placed; I don't know. Please, pickup only. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. reereechickens

reereechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2011
    Reidsville, NC
    What do you feed these chicks? Are they $4.00 each? How big will they be full grown? What size eggs?

3. Tbird84

Tbird84 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2010
    Corapeake, NC
    I feed them a non-medicated chick starter with free access to bugs and greenery. Yes, $4 ea, but could work a deal with 10 or more. Full grown they are a little smaller than an Andalusian or Leghorn. Males typically 5-6lbs and females about 4lbs. They lay a medium sized egg that is cream or tinted. The hens are not prolific layers, but lay fairly well. They have also shown to go broody and be wonderful and docile mothers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by