16 Hours!!! CHICKENSTOCK - Berks Co PA 7/18 **photos**

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by scbatz33, May 4, 2009.

1. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Ok, I know of a feed store that may allow us to have a chickenstock in Lebanon. Who would be willing to travel there?

I'm thinking In June or July.....Date suggestions welcome!!

I have polish, turkens and orpingtons. Plus I make really righteous dump cake!!! [​IMG]

Who's in????

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  2. youdontknow32

youdontknow32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    Im interested!

3. ChickyLaura

ChickyLaura The Crazy Chicken Lady

Mar 31, 2009
    Eastern/Central PA
    I'm interested! I won't be able to make it the first two weeks of June though. I work every other weekend, but here are dates that I'm available:

June 20 or 21
    July 11 or 12
    July 25 or 26

I can bring deviled eggs, scrambled eggs, lemon meringue pie, etc. (Just kidding, my chicks aren't anywhere near laying age!)

4. scbatz33

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Ok, so date ideas... I'm thinking mid-July. That would give time to get everything set and the word out. Opinions???

5. youdontknow32

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    Great Idea

6. scbatz33

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Quote:Those turkeys are wonderful...I had a hard time choosing between them and the bourbon reds!

7. youdontknow32

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    O my goodness, us too!!

We really wanted the Bourbon Reds

8. scbatz33

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Quote:I gave in and went BR. I hope they come soon. I think I may have to call the hatchery tomorrow if I don't hear anything....I am not good at waiting!

9. Bridget399

Bridget399 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    South Western PA
    How far is that from Pittsburgh? And what is Dump Cake?! [​IMG]

10. scbatz33

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Quote:Lebanon is on the east side of Harrisburg. It's a bit of a drive, but you could come camp in our back yard! Heck if I had more parking, we could do it here. I have 4 acres!!!

Dump cake is cherry pie filling and crushed pineapple dumped in a baking dish then completely covered with an unmixed yellow cake mix - just straight out of the box - then covered with pats of butter. You cook it til the butter melts from the top and the juice soaks in from the bottom making this amazing slightly under-done cobbler consistency. You then serve it warm with vanilla ice cream. It's like heaven!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by