16 month BO hasn't been laying for months

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kchron01, Nov 2, 2014.

1. kchron01

kchron01 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2013
    South Central PA
    First time asking a question on here in quite a while. I have a 16 month old BO who seems to have stopped laying for quite some time. At first I thought I just wasn't catching her in the nest, but now don't think that is the case. Her comb is usually pale pink and she has stopped getting on the roost at night. If I put her there, she does stay however. She isn't picked on at all. I've checked her over and don't see any mites or lice and I haven't seen any issues with her droppings. She's also not molting. She eats, drinks and runs around with the rest of the flock normally. Any ideas?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  2. Free Feather

Free Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

Perhaps she has a cancer? It would be difficult to tell anything without knowing more, or actually seeing her. Did she lay eggs in the first place?

3. kchron01

kchron01 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2013
    South Central PA
    Yes she did lay eggs and then just seemed to stop. I certainly hope it's not cancer. She is such a sweet chicken. I imagine it's possible and I do think she is a bit thinner than she use to be though she eats and acts normal other than laying and going up to the perch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by