17 wk old MPC Pullet Special layed 1st Egg!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ~*Sweet Cheeks*~, Jan 22, 2010.

1. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Olympia Washington
    I was surprised to find my first medium brown pullet egg from one of my 17 1/2 wk old My Pet Chicken Rainbow Pullet Specials today (Jan 22).

Not sure who layed it of the 15 of 26 chicks that I ended up keeping. It's medium brown in color, so I know it didn't come from a leghorn or EE. Quite a few of the jersey giants, black stars, and red stars have been doing the squat for about 3 wks now and have red combs.

Anyone else with the MPC Specials from last fall get any eggs yet?

Pullet egg along with the 4 other eggs I got today. I have 7 layers that are 9 months old that are averaging 4 eggs a day.
    [​IMG]

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

That's so egg-citing! Congratulations!!! [​IMG]

3. chauqg

chauqg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    My MPC RIR birds hatched Aug 23 have laid 15 eggs since the 12th of January. Nice pullet eggs and now they are getting larger and better tone - four today. ONly one with a thin shell laid today. It was tramped on outside of the nest box. It was eaten I assume. Birds are squatting when I raise my hand (complements of City CHicks book by Patricia Foreman). Thanks Pat... Works perfectly!

I have 25 and would like to know how to tell who is laying and who is not. Any ideas? Maybe I should post that question.

Good luck... Like the photos of your eggs.

Cheerz

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by