17 year old daughter went to her first ob appointment

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chixie, Jan 5, 2011.

1. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    they already labeled her a fall risk... they are checking her hormone levels so she goes back friday for more lab work. she spotted for three days over christmas weekend... she also has lumps in both breast that they are watching. they dont believe they are anything to worry about. just gonna watch them to make sure they dont change... she is 9 weeks along and already showing pretty good

2. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    What's a fall risk? Never heard that term before.
    When is her due date? I think I was about 9 weeks along this time last year. Summer baby...ugh.

3. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    she is due aug 8... fall risk means she is at risk for falling later on in her pregnancy when she gets bigger... the only reason I can thing they labelled her chart with a big red sticker saying she is a fall risk is because she is so tiny. she is 5ft 3 weight 104 lbs. .. ususally if your on meds in the hospital you will get a fall risk braclet... still not really sure why she is considered a fall risk

4. piecemaker

piecemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    I am sorry to hear she is having such a hard time so early on. Hopfully the DRS will find out what is causing the problem

piecemaker

5. zippitydooda

zippitydooda Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Ottawa, Ohio
    How did the family pow wow with the baby's daddy go?

6. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    daughter dumped her boyfriend... so we never had that pow wow... which is fine. we dont want him in this babys life. I have heard he is a drug user and doesnt keep a job... so dh and I will support daughter until after the baby is born then she will have to go find a job. we will still help her but she will have to do the main care of her baby... we are trying to get excited about this baby. it is hard but I am getting there...

the spotting thing worries us because my other daughter did that in the beginning of her pregnancy and she ended up having her baby 10 weeks early... so we are taking every precaution we can to try to prevent an early birth

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  7. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    my daughter is barely 5' 102 lbs and has had 3 healthy babies.. so i wish you lots of luck and lots of hugs with your grandbaby. it is so exciting and i hope everything progresses smoothly.. saying prayers for you

8. ebwy2

ebwy2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    spotting early on could just be implantation bleeding, which is nothing to worry about

9. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG] i have a friend that bleed through her whole pregnancy. all 9 months. i forget what she had. baby and her are doing fine. that was about 4 years ago. next time we have a chat, i will ask her. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by