17 Year Old Mutt> What Breeds Created Her???

stephanie1992

Songster
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
Central California (Denair/Turlock)
Shes a mix of some kind, what do u think is in the mix? shes 17 years old, goin blind but still going. shes not fat just big body structure. shes a medium sized dog. smaller than a border collie but bigger than a jack russle. her names Gypsy. could she be Kelpie? or have Kelpie in her?

103601_dscn1233.jpg

103601_dscn1226.jpg

Last edited:
Uhhh... I'm totally not an expert by any stretch... but we have a Border Collie puppy and she has that white cross on her chest. My mom pointed it out saying she had read it's a distinguishing mark of the breed? So my guess is part BC!

Maybe some chow chow, shepherd, or even some husky? It is hard to say. She could have multiple breeds in her that don't even show in her appearance. When I was little a family member had a complete country MUTT dog. Probably 15 different breeds in her and out of her litter of puppies she had one that looked very similar to a german shepherd another that looked like a rottweiler, and another that looked like a golden retriever. You just never know. She could be part chicken and just not resemble one LOL. I have a 10 year old rescue from the shelter (spayed of course) that they said was a doberman/chow mix, I brought her home at 3 months. I have a feeling she has a few other breeds in her but, I will never know. Either way, I love her for just being her. You can't even guarantee that your AKC registered dogs are purebred anymore.
IMG_0779bw-1.jpg

This dog was my first pet ever, i had her since i was two, got her as a puppy, she was running the streets and showed up at my house and my parents took her in. shes spayed. now shes 17 and all these years we been trying to figure out breeds. closest we got was a kelpie mix. lol

What a sweet pooch
wink.png
... my neighbor runs a mini aussie ranch, and it looks like there could be some of that in her... just a guess...

Back
Top Bottom