18+ Bearded Silkie bantam eggs - Catdance Silkies

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by kelar, Nov 18, 2010.

1. kelar

kelar Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    yacolt
    Up for your consideration are 18+ assorted color eggs from my show winning bearded Silkie bantam flock. The hens are really slowing down with the onset of colder weather so not sure how many more eggs I will be able to offer this year. Eggs will ship priority on Monday, 11/22. Colors available are partridge, buff, black, blue/splash & white. I will also include any eggs available from my porcelain/dilute project pen and the lav/split pen if the buyer wants them. The porcelain project pen has a porcelain pair in it, as well as 3 daughters of the porcelain hen. Right now, two of the porcelain hen's daughters are laying, but I'm not sure which ones so the babies could be porcelain cuckoo, porcelain, blue or partridge. Fertility from this pen has been excellent. The lav split pen has a lovely lavender roo in it with 1 buff and 3 black hens. These hens are laying sporadically, but I'm hoping to include several eggs from this pen as well. I will send an assortment and always try to include eggs of each color, but cannot honor requests for just one or two colors. The flock is NPIP certified and AI tested clean. I do show my birds and in recent shows my birds won BB & RB (12/09), BB 4/10, & at my last show in October, won BV blue, BV & RV buff, BV partridge & RV white. A pullet hatched from a white pair I sold was the show champion fowl at the Wa. County Fair in Oregon this summer. I've been getting some really nice chicks this year and all the birds pictured were hatched from the same breeding flocks your eggs will come from. The silkies in my breeding flocks are all carefully chosen for their own individual merits and even more importantly, their ability to produce quality offspring. I do pack eggs extremely well and my customers are reporting good success. A lot of my customers are returning for more eggs, which makes me very happy:) Please be prepared to pay promptly via paypal at auction's end so I can get these out Monday morning. No e-checks please as they take too long to clear. You can see more of my silkies at http://www.catdancesilkies.com. Thank you for looking.

Best of Breed, White pullet 12/09

[​IMG]

Best of Breed, Splash pullet, PNPA show, April 2010
    [​IMG]

Reserve of Breed, Black pullet, 12/09

[​IMG]

Best Variety, Partridge pullet, PNPA show, April 2010

[​IMG]

Porcelain/dilute group currently laying:

Isabel Porcelain hen (Izzy the matriarch)

[​IMG]

Her porcelain cuckoo daughter as a youngster (out of a blue cuckoo roo):

[​IMG]

Her blue partridge daughter (out of my black roo):

[​IMG]

Porcelain pair (Izzy & Tater)

[​IMG]

Lavender Roo, Indy

[​IMG]

Some of this year's youngsters:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The same chick as pictured above - a young man now. Congratulations to Jen in Oregon on her purchase of this beautiful cockerel:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hatched by Three Cedars Silkies in Florida:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hatched by Jen in Ohio

[​IMG]

Hatched by Christine in Oregon:

[​IMG]

Teenagers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Congratulations to Michelle at Reese Poultry who purchased the young partridge cockerel below and showed him to a second place at the Ohio Nationals! Way to go Michelle:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A stunning white cockerel hatched in March - watch for him at the shows!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    [​IMG]
    Would love to bid right now, but I need to wait. We have to hatch after Jan 1st for showing here. I hope you will have more when I am ready to load up the bator. I have a Blue cockerel and Black pullet from Michelle Reese's eggs I hatched in March. Nice little birds. I also have a decent looking Splash that I got from McMurray. I culled all the others from them though. My daughter is now a "real" 4-H member, not just a Cloverbud and wants to take Silkies. So, I am sure I will be keeping an eye out for eggs coming out of your flock in a month or so.
    I hope your girls keep laying [​IMG]

3. CheshieChick13

CheshieChick13 Chillin' With My Peeps

As Always [​IMG]

4. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    This past Monday I put 48 eggs from this seller in my incubator [​IMG] I candled last night and only removed 5 eggs...and they were shipped from Washington State to Florida!! You cannot go wrong...gorgeous chicks from her silkies. We have 3 white pullets that we will be showing over the next couple of months.

Here's one:

[​IMG]

5. kelar

kelar Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    yacolt
    I was going to end this auction early, but I don't see any way to do that. I have a family emergency - my 89 year old mother is in intensive care - and I have to leave town first thing in the morning so will not be able to ship these eggs on Monday. I expect to be back home mid week and can ship on Saturday 11/27 or Monday, 11/29. Thank you for understanding. Karen

6. ultasol

ultasol Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    Karen-
    I hope your mother is ok. Let me know if you need anything.
    Jen

7. BeckyBird

BeckyBird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    Karen, we will pray for your mother and your family.
    Take care,
    Becky

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by