18 days old - what am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by RaeRae2, Mar 13, 2012.

1. RaeRae2

RaeRae2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2011
    I posted him/her before, but now at 18 days old, I am hoping to get a more clear picture of what this chickie might be. [​IMG]

This chick is very tall and leggy and walks around very upright. It is not particularly big when compared to the others, but seems so tall and stretchy. Feathering on the legs is very sparse compared to two other feather legs I got, which are supposed to be Brahmas. Those two chicks are stout, short, stocky, and heavily feathered on the legs. This guy is tall and thin, and sparsely feathered on the legs.

Full sized chicken - not a bantam. Came from McMurray.

Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  2. ForgottenGlen

ForgottenGlen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    Raeford, NC
    This is what my light brahmas looked like when they were babies. Very fiesty little guys.

3. RaeRae2

RaeRae2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2011
    Thanks Mother Hen. I did order a Light Brahma pullet, but decided I did not receive her because I had no feather footed yellow chick! This chick was dark black with a cream underside like an Australorp. But I just found another Light Brahma thread saying that hatchery quality Light Brahmas look nothing like they are supposed to as chicks. So it would make sense this is a Light Brahma, since I did order one, but the coloring is weird.

4. ForgottenGlen

ForgottenGlen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    Raeford, NC
    Mine were bred from a light brahma rooster and a golden laced wyandotte hen. Since wyandottes are made from Brahmas, I was really hoping they were all going to be silver laced... I was wrong. When little they were yellow and black with sparse feathers on feet(I don't remember what color was where) and as their feathers grew in, they were all mottled black and white like your picture. They are now 4 months old and all look exactly alike, like Light Brahmas.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by