18+ Lavender Ameraucana hatching eggs - Valentine's Day hatch!!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by CRYSTALCREEK, Jan 14, 2011.

1. CRYSTALCREEK

CRYSTALCREEK Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Texas
    Up for bid is at least 18 eggs from my Lavender Ameraucana pens. My "A" pen is a lavender cockerel over two lavender pullets and three black pullets from Jean Ribbeck's 2010 split x split pen; these three pullets are visually black and may or may not already carry the lavender gene. My "B" pen is a lavender cockerel over two of my best lavender pullets and five fabulous black pullets from Paul Smith that lay a nice, large egg. The lav male in this pen weighed 4lb 12 oz at 6 months of age and the two lav pullets in this pen weighed 4 lb 3 oz and 4 lb 0 oz at six months of age. Splits are probable and should be expected. I have been hatching approximately 50% splits here. A "split" is a visually black bird that carries the lavender gene hidden. Splits bred to each other will produce 25% lavender offspring. Splits bred back to lavender will produce 50% lavender offspring and more splits.

The lavenders are a work in progress and lavender is not yet recognized as a standard color variety by either APA or ABA in this breed. The eggs are still quite green at this point of development, in my opinion. If this is an issue for you, please do not bid.

I will be collecting eggs through the 18th for a Wed Jan 19 ship date. Eggs set by Jan 25 will give you babies hatched out by Valentine's Day.

I will pack the eggs very well, but shipping can be very damaging and there is always a risk when shipping hatching eggs through the mail. Please do not bid if you cannot accept the risks involved with shipping eggs.

Paypal payment must be received the night of the 18th for shipment on the 19th.

Here are some pictures of my birds and their offspring.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    [​IMG] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! [​IMG]

3. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    Look at the boobs on that chick [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Very pretty birds

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Hurley

Hurley Egg Of A Different Color

Mar 17, 2010
    Palmyra, WI
    My Coop
    Are you full up on orders for eggs for April 1st/2nd ish? (Easter Hatch)

HAVE to get some of these guys this year.

6. LuvinMyPeeps

LuvinMyPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2008
    Powhatan, VA 23139
    These are unbelieveably gorgeous [​IMG] [​IMG] Hmmmm...you may have another shark circling.... must....resist..... [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. CRYSTALCREEK

CRYSTALCREEK Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Texas
    More pics .......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  8. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:that was just cruel!!! [​IMG] your good!!! [​IMG]

9. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    Quote:X2 Can't wait until the Easter hatch. You have such pretty birds! [​IMG] You take such great pictures of them too!

10. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    GORGEOUS BIRDS!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by