18+ LAVENDER & LAV SPLIT AMERAUCANA eggs-LAST order this season!!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by CRYSTALCREEK, May 20, 2011.

1. CRYSTALCREEK

CRYSTALCREEK Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Texas
    Up for bid is at least 18 eggs from my Lavender Ameraucana project pens. My birds are large fowl and my pure lavs are from Harry Shaffer lines. Pen "B" contains a lavender cockerel over two of my best lavender pullets and four fabulous pure black pullets from Paul Smith that lay a nice, LARGE egg. The lav male in this pen weighs over six pounds. He is in with two lav pullets which weighed 4 lb 3 oz and 4 lb 0 oz at six months of age.

Pen "C" has my slightly heavier lav male (6 lbs 2 oz) with three black pullets from Jean Ribbeck's 2010 split x split pen. These three pullets are visually black, but I know at least one of them already carries the lavender gene as I have hatched lav chicks from this pen.

Splits are probable and should be expected. I have been hatching approximately 50% splits here. A "split" is a visually black bird that carries the lavender gene hidden. Splits bred to each other will produce 25% lavender offspring. Splits bred back to lavender will produce 50% lavender offspring and more splits.

The lavenders are a work in progress and lavender is not yet recognized as a standard color variety by either APA or ABA in this breed. Some of the eggs are still quite green at this point of development, in my opinion. I have also hatched some clean faced offspring even though all of the breeder birds are muffed. If this is an issue for you, please do not bid.

I will be collecting eggs until Monday May 23 for a Tuesday May 24 ship date. I will pack the eggs VERY well, but shipping can be very damaging and there is always a risk when shipping hatching eggs through the mail. Please do not bid if you cannot accept the risks involved with shipping eggs. No shipment outside the Continental U.S.

Paypal payment must be received by the night of Monday May 23rd for shipment on Tuesday. Paypal to [email protected]

Here are some pictures of my birds and their offspring. They are all my own flock and the pictures were taken by me. If you see these pics elsewhere, they were used without my permission.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pen "B"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Influx of good blacks is so important to improve this variety....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My eggs...
    [​IMG]

2. goodguytx

goodguytx Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2008
    Dallas
    Curious if you're in the Dallas area, and would allow pick up instead of shipping. Want some eggs for my broody, but she's been sitting for week on wooden eggs. Figure I have just enough time to get her some eggs to hatch successfully.

3. CRYSTALCREEK

CRYSTALCREEK Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Texas

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by