18 months silki and does not lay an egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by xenia4, Aug 31, 2016.

1. xenia4

xenia4 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 8, 2015
    [​IMG]

this is my 18 month silky. I bought a few eggs last year and they all hatched the only problem was that all of them were males expect her........ so i was waiting to start laying to hatch some more but nothing .I tried starter feed and egg laying food but nothing, i cotacted the man i bought the eggs and he told me that his start laying at 6 months ........ can anybody give me some advice who might know more about silikies? is is possible to be a sterile chicken?

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Lots of Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Are you sure it's a hen?

3. xenia4

Feb 8, 2015
    yes!! she mates with the roosters and she doesn't do the roosters sounds kikiriko......

4. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Lots of Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Is she free range where she could be hiding a nest? But I guess you would of had a clutch of chicks by now. She could potentially have a damaged ovary and can't lay eggs, that might explain why she looks a bit masculine.

5. xenia4

Feb 8, 2015
    she was a free range but i had to put her with the goat in a fence in case she lays somewhere i could not find but nothing.......oh!! you think she looks a bit masculine!? i don't have any other to compare only photos from the internet....... so i might have to try buying a new clutch of eggs....... many thanks to all!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by