18 week Black Australorp Rooster looking for home

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by jhmoore, Dec 26, 2008.

1. jhmoore

jhmoore Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2008
    Holly, Michigan
    I live in SE Michigan and am looking for a nice, loving home for my 18 week old BA rooster, Sid. Sid came as a suprise in my order of all female chicks back in September. He is a very friendly rooster, eats out of my hand and likes to be pet. The last week or so, he has decided my little polish hen is for his personal pecking. He is not trying to mate her, just torment her. As he seems to be the only one in the flock who will not leave her alone, and it was not my intention to have a rooster from the beginning, I need to move him on. However, I do like the little guy, and he is beautiful, so I would like him to go to a good home only. He has a cute little crow, but I'm sure it will get louder as he matures.

Any interest, please post back. Thanks!https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/15446_sid18weeks.jpg

2. chicksahoy

chicksahoy Out Of The Brooder

Dec 24, 2008
    cedaredge
    wish i lived in michigan:)

3. jhmoore

Sep 6, 2008
    Holly, Michigan
    Me too- I just want him to find a good home, and for my little polish girl to be happy and fully feathered!

4. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:Fixed the pic for ya. Handsome fella!

5. jhmoore

Sep 6, 2008
    Holly, Michigan
    Thank you! I'm still new at this! I appreciate your help. Have a good one!

6. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    No problem. Here's where you went wrong...

Quote:[​IMG] has to be at the end, so just position your cursor between those when you click to attach your image address. [​IMG]

7. Barnett_Farms

Barnett_Farms Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2008
    South Central Michigan
    Would love to have him but am between Lansing & Jackson

8. jhmoore

Sep 6, 2008
    Holly, Michigan
    Barnett Farms- Lansing is only about 45 minutes from me. And Jackson about an hour and a half. Are you looking for a rooster to keep some girls company? I don't want him to end up in a stew pot! If you are seriously interested, let me know. Thanks.

9. Barnett_Farms

Dec 31, 2008
    South Central Michigan
    oh yes i am very interested I have 3 australorp girls that would love to have him!! Let me know when we can come get him. He would be my only Rooster and be a Spoiled boy!! [​IMG]

10. Barnett_Farms

Dec 31, 2008
    South Central Michigan
    I forgot to mention that I also have 3 ISA brown hens and 1 Auraucana (sorry if I misspelled that ) These are my first chickens ever and it is such a joy. I got these girls from a private home and they just lost their roo after 13 years! The lady said it wasn't the same going out to the coop. Thanks again. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by