18 week old black Ameraucana rooster (central Alabama)

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by Tomtommom, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Tomtommom

Tomtommom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2013
    Montevallo, AL
    This handsome fellah started crowing, which means he's got to go.. I've only got a few days before he'll end up in the freezer, since he's currently living indoors in a box.

He's well mannered, doesn't love to be touched or picked up, but will allow it.

I've hatched him myself from a blue-green egg, all eggs in the batch had the same consistent color, so I expect him to carry that gene as well. He's very good looking. He does have some silver around his shoulders, which may come in even more as he ages.

He's free to a good home. If you just plan on eating him, don't bother, I can do that myself. He's just too good looking and well mannered to not give him a chance in a flock of ladies.

The pictures are pretty lousy, he looks better in person.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tomtommom

Jan 14, 2013
    Montevallo, AL
    Oh, he has NOT been vaccinated or has received medicated food or has been wormed. I do feed commercial food (Purina and Dumor).

I raised my flock from vaccinated hatchery chicks. I only hatched two eggs myself, which were both roosters... No other birds have been added. I am confident in the health of my flock, but do urge you to quarantine!

3. Amy Foster

Amy Foster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2014
    Notasulga AL
    Do you still have him? i live in central al notasulga to be exact i need a roo for this spring i have many chickens for him to protect!

4. Tomtommom

Jan 14, 2013
    Montevallo, AL
    I do. I had someone interested in him, but they did not contact me anymore.

He's getting nicer and nicer looking. Big full tail, glossy feathers.

He's a scaredy cat with the ladies right now... all my girls are a year old, so they push him around. He has not figured out yet how the whole courting process works. He actually only crows when I keep him inside the house, my guess is he's scared to crow around the old gals.

I think he'll grow into his manhood with time.

5. Amy Foster

Jan 19, 2014
    Notasulga AL
    Where do you live? i really like him and my kids will love him!

6. Amy Foster

Jan 19, 2014
    Notasulga AL
    call me when you see this at 334-401-9208 and we can work it out im ready to accept him right away! amy

7. Amy Foster

Jan 19, 2014
    Notasulga AL
    If i get him he will be a lucky boy! i have five acres and fourty chickens and i plan on breeding him to my ee hens i have four of them and i want many more! green eggs and blue eggs are so fun and my kids love to spoil our all natural flock with treats and love. ok so maybe i spoil them a little too!

8. Tomtommom

Jan 14, 2013
    Montevallo, AL
    We're in Montevallo (shelby county). We'll probably have to see about meeting halfway. I'm sure we can work something out.

9. Amy Foster

Jan 19, 2014
    Notasulga AL
    where would halfway be for us?

10. Amy Foster

Jan 19, 2014
    Notasulga AL
    i am between auburn and tallassee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by