1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

18 week old SILKIES :)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by orpingtonbabies, Aug 4, 2011.

1. orpingtonbabies

orpingtonbabies Chirping

Feb 17, 2011
    I have 3 silkies who are exactly 18 weeks old today and I decided it was about time to have all you silkie people out there help me out and sex them... so here we go.

Dolly- I am absolutely sure is a rooster (his wattles get bigger every day), but i just thought I'd post him anyway since I already went through the hassle of photographing him. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dottie- was the confusing one for a while, but now I'm thinking roo too? hehe i rhymed :3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Betty- My little girl? I certainly hope so! [​IMG] I just love her to death and as you can see from the pictures she's quite the model (unlike the rowdy boys)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks so much!

2. orpingtonbabies

orpingtonbabies Chirping

Feb 17, 2011
    No one? [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Crowing

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Dolly roo, Dottie, leaning towards roo, but not entirely sure, Betty pullet.

4. orpingtonbabies

orpingtonbabies Chirping

Feb 17, 2011
    Thanks! I'm leaning towards roo for Dot since he and Dolly fight occasionally and I think I heard a crow the other day?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by