18 wks old now

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by apryl, Sep 16, 2010.

1. apryl

apryl Out Of The Brooder

Jul 6, 2010
    Southern Kentucky
    Ive posted my BR's before, with mixed reviews. They are now 18 wks old, I posted pictures a month ago, and was told they all appeared to be roosters. However as they have gotten older, their combs/wattles have definitely changed in 2 of them, and not in the other 2. Also not sure if this matters but they "pair" up with the same partner any time they rest. (If they are indeed all roosters still, I have 6 roosters and 1 hen in the chicken coop right now and 15 pullets inside the barn.

The 2 on the outside, Roosters the center one though, Im questioning if it is a roo or a pullet?
    [​IMG]

Same birds (plus 1) in a different order My thought was girls on the outside, roo in the center and roo standing up correct me if Im wrong
    [​IMG]

The one with the eyes closed pullet or no?
    [​IMG]

This is one of the ones I think may be a pullet (side view)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The other one that I think may be a pullet
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bird to the left... pullet?
    [​IMG]

2. KristaBeth

KristaBeth Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2010
    Providence, RI
    Photo #2, the two outside ones look just like my BR pullet did at that age!

3. dntd

dntd Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2009
    Soon you will no either way, though the chickens with the small pale combs look like a pullet to me.

4. apryl

apryl Out Of The Brooder

Jul 6, 2010
    Southern Kentucky
    Yeah, eventually someone will start crowing or someone will start laying. [​IMG] I'm just impatient.

5. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    The first pic, I think the bird on the left is a roo and the two to it's right are pullets. The second pic, I think you nailed it. The standing bird is a roo and the others are pullets.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by