19 month old Daughter running around naked!!!

RubberChickenLubber

Songster
12 Years
Oct 19, 2007
Newton, NC
Ok, my son,Brennan, just turned 3 yesterday, and we are having a struggle potty training him. He really has no real interest in using the potty, but when he pees in the toilet he stands up like a man. My 19 month old daughter, Iveigh, will not wear a diaper, she is constantly taking it off. If I put pants on her she takes them off to take her diaper off. I even tried overalls, and one piece outfits, but she screams to get them off. She'll sit on the potty forever, but when she pees, you got it, she stands up beside her potty like her brother. If she keeps like this she'll be potty trained b4 her big brother.
he.gif
gig.gif

I have a naked kid too. My youngest would like to be 'free' of clothing, and has been like that from an early age.

We've come to a compromise... when he is at home, he can wear whatever he wants as long as he has at least underwear on and we don't have company. He has to be dressed before he can leave the house to play outside or go somewhere.

He's funny - I'll say it's time to go and he puts his clothes on. We'll go out and the minute we get back, he takes his clothes right back off and puts them aside for the next outing.

I figured why fight it and that he'd outgrow it, but now he's 5 and still doing it.

Oh well.... you know how it is as a parent - you have to pick those battles!

Hahaha I thought I was the only one with a naked 5 year old! I always feel bad when people look at pictures of my kids because they're always half naked! We homeschool and my son who is 10 has texture issues too. I always know when he is really going to work hard and pay attention. He stands at the end of our table, takes off all of his
clothes except his underwear and waits on me to begin!!!

BTW-with my 10 year old I realy struggled and pushed potty training b/c he was 3 too and still not using the potty. But by the time I had my daughter I let her train herself. Really can we make them use the toilet before they want too? NO. So why worry? Buy him some pull-ups (your little one too maybe she won't get those off??), encourage him to go, but don't make it a big struggle. Before you know it he will train himself.

Quote:
I completely agree. My son usually only wears a pullup around the house, he strips as soon as he comes in. My daughter will do as he does (monkey see, monkey do around here), but she goes the extra step to no diaper, and the procedes to pee on the floor. Hopefully she'll potty train soon.

She's wanting to wear her brother pullups, and she can get them off too. I guess we'll got to duct tape, maybe that'll keep them on. If that fails, we'll go to super glue.

Last edited:
when my kids were about that age we had "naked time" at our house. It was usually before or after bath time and the kids got to run around naked all the time. They are both past that now, but it is a fun memory. They so enjoyed playing nude.

As a kid in FL I spent the night with a girl friend who's family was more open than mine. I loved it because we were allowed to skinny dip for hours every evening. The only rule was it had to be dark out. Then me, Kim and her lil sis Kelly could CHARGE! That's a favorite memory of mine...

Mom never would let us be naked at our house. She was (is) a bit uptight. I think it's good that other families can be more open.

My 21 month old son came to me Monday morning saying, "potty, potty, potty". We have 2 days of "pee pee potty" and only 1 accident. I have not tried to potty train him. He has done this one his own. He did not wet his diaper all night and pottied when he woke up.

Can you believe it? I am riding this pony as long as I can! I hope it isn't just a phase. I am seriously hoping for completely potty trained by 2 yrs old which is February.

This may be my reward for 21 months of breast feeding! LOL

Back
Top Bottom