19 weeks buff orpingtons... is one a girl and one a boy or both boys / girls .. help me out pls x

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CLAIRE MCNAIR, Jan 6, 2013.

1. CLAIRE MCNAIR

CLAIRE MCNAIR Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2012
    Hampshire
    [​IMG]
    one chicken has white leg - one has yellow legs .. one chicken is slightly larger than the other .. also ones comb and wattle seems a little bigger than the other ... one of the tails seems to point dwn and one up .. will add some more pics.. new to this .. but they are 19 weeks old now so should b able to tell by now ...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CLAIRE MCNAIR

Aug 13, 2012
    Hampshire
    you can see in a few photos the yellow and white different legs .. the tails are slightly different and one is slightly bigger too ... any hepl or sites i can use to figure out would be greatly appreciated

3. CLAIRE MCNAIR

Aug 13, 2012
    Hampshire
    they are nto 19 weeks ..they are 21 weeks ... mis calculated - ooops

4. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    neither is a pure orp. but I cant see the one with yellow legs enough to do sex on but the white legged one with feathers on the legs looks to be getting saddle feathers, so a late bloomer on a rooster

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  5. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    those are not pure they have feathers on the legs and both of the buff colored ones are cockerels and the white looks to be a pullet

6. CLAIRE MCNAIR

Aug 13, 2012
    Hampshire
    hmm more confused than ever now .. will wait till they either start crowing or laying to be sure - was told when i bought them from the finkley farm park in andover that they were buff orpingtons ... surely at 21 wks they will start crowing soon ..

7. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    Both buffs are roosters, sorry. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by