1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

19 weeks still no eggs....

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by nuttyredhead, Oct 12, 2011.

1. nuttyredhead

nuttyredhead Songster

May 3, 2010
    Southern NH
    I know it typically happens "between" 18 - 24 weeks but my first batch (amberlinks) laid in their 18 week... Now im stalking the coop! Here are some of my girls, some of them look very ready!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Very pretty ladies! Nothing is wrong......it just takes time, and I'm betting you're getting less daylight hours now, since it's Autumn. You might want to put a light in the coop and leave it on until around 8pm. That might help.

Could they have a secret nesting spot? If they get to free range, sometimes they lay outside instead of in the coop's nesting boxes.....

Beautiful chickens! When you get that first egg, it'll feel like Christmas! [​IMG]

Hang in there!
    Sharon

3. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Free Ranging

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    It's always slower with decreasing day length.
    It gets anxious but I'm not concerned if it takes longer because their bodies are better prepared for what is to come.
    If you don't get eggs by the 22nd week, add light for extended day length.

4. Ha! Let them be! Go out and tell them that they are beautiful, that you are proud of them, and that they are perfect just the way they are. The next day, you will be gifted with a perfect, beautiful egg! Let us know when it happens! [​IMG]

5. boxedcow

boxedcow In the Brooder

Hang in there!

I just got my first egg yesterday from Boo my blue EE; she is 28 weeks. I have 3 more who although joined in her egg song are 26 weeks (partridge rocks and australorp) and no eggs yet.

It will happen [​IMG]

6. mommissan

mommissan Songster

Jul 4, 2011
    Adirondacks
    Hang in there. My first egg came from a 22 week old, and I'm still waiting for the rest to catch up. They are almost 26 weeks. Just late bloomers.

7. henryhoe

henryhoe Chirping

Aug 9, 2011
    know how you feel, im waiting on my 26 week old girls too!! Its so hard

8. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Songster

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    And I'm waiting on 26 and 28 seekers....but the 28 weekers are Brahmas, so I might have a L O N G time to wait.

Some pullets will possibly wait until S[ring now....goodness, mine will be nearly a year old by then.

9. MIKE555444

MIKE555444 Songster

Jun 8, 2009
    Pliny, West Virgina
    I see one that is most certainly ready to start laying... hang in there [​IMG]

10. afj6710

afj6710 Chirping

Jan 2, 2011
    I know it's probably not encouraging but my pullets just started laying a few days ago, and they are between 24-27 weeks old. And they look more mature than your girls, except maybe the Delaware (?). I was so happy the first time I found an egg, I almost cried! [​IMG] 5 days later, I'm still stalking the coop for more eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by