1930s Platinum Diamond Ring (Appraisal in Hand) Oregon.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Sunny the Hippie Chick, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Sunny the Hippie Chick

Sunny the Hippie Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Brookings Oregon
    Please do not bid, PM me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ETA: My camera does not take good picture of jewlery.
    First pic is from my camera.
    Last two pics are from appraisal pics.

**DO NOT BID**

Please read description, then PM me with an offer. On Saturday, July 24th around 6pm (Pacific Time) I will PM the person in which I like the offer. I reserve the right to end this, or not sell. This is for sale locally also. If you made an offer, Please check your PMs on Sunday the 25th for paying details. On ebay I have 100% ratings.

Shipping will be $5.00 Priority Mail. Then add insurance for amount it is bought for.

Im hoping to sell and make enough to pay one bill and be able to take my kids to the local fair at the end of the month. Maybe even a 2 day local camping trip.

Details of Ring..

The Jewlery store said it was made in the 1930s. One corner of ring there is some small slight damage. Jewlery store said not to have it repaired, it may make the value go down. Not noticable when worn.

The ring was appraised August 28, 2009 (Copy will go with the ring, appraisal cost me $100)
    Appraised Retail Replacement Value: $2,000

Details of ring

Metal Content: 10% Iridium 90% Platinum, marked
    Trademark: None; Marked "Handmade"
    Weight: 3.1 grams
    Description: Hexagonal shaped top, bead set with diamonds in three rows, the largest in the center.
    Measurements: 8mm width x 11mm length top; 2.6mm tapering to 1.5mm width shank. Ring Size 4
    Diamonds: Eight 0.02 ct round single cut and old European cut diamonds, totaling 0.16 ct, I1 clarity, G-I color, poor to good cuttings.
    Diamonds: Two 0.05ct round brilliant cut diamonds, totaling 0.10ct, approx weight. 2.4mm width, VS2 clarity, G-I color, good cutting quaility.
    Diamond: One 0.24ct round brilliant cut diamond, approx. weight. SI1 clarity. G-I color, good cutting quality

**If I added that up right its 0.50ct total**

Any question please ask.

I have pics of complete appraisal I can email you. Just PM me your email address.

Remember, Do not bid. PM offers..

In August 2009 the value of Platinum was $1,244 oz.
    July 2010 it is between $1,516-$1,529 oz.
    I heard Diamonds are up 15%

Thank you for your time.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by