~~~1rst order of the year OMG~~~ My1rst Ideal Order OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The Wolf Queen, May 18, 2009.

1. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Basically the title says everything but OMG all this year ive bought chicks from a feed store that buys from Cackle Hatchery [​IMG] (Sorry to Cackle fans but im not very big on their birds, prices, or order service. Its either them or Privett and I dont mind them but the store that has THOSE chicks, for some reason, those chicks always die and just plain arent healthy [​IMG] ) Anyway so I decided I just really need the chicks ive been looking for and havent seen and have bought other cute breeds of chicks instead [​IMG] [​IMG] (can you tell Im a sucker for some cute fuzz buts? Also for reference look at my signature below) so I just about 10 minutes ago I ordered 15 chicks from IDEAL POULTRY (2 red silkies, 1 partridge silkie, 2 assorted silkies, 5 standard americauna pullets, and of course hence my user name 5 americauna bantams...! actually silkies are bantam to LOL) IM PUMPED [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Ive always heard great things about Ideal but just for reasurance and warning please post your opinion on Ideal Poultry HERE [​IMG]. And now I just need the patience for them to arrive [​IMG]. They are supposed to be shipped JUNE 1. Anybody know the typical time it takes for a chick order to come from TX to ABQ NM? [​IMG] OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG [​IMG] Can you tell im excited???...! Oh did I mention this is my 1rst time ordering from IDEAL??? I think that sums it up...I THINK

2. LilbitChicken

LilbitChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    [​IMG] You are so funny! I love it! I am so excited for you! I just got my 8 chicks last week from my SIL...but I was thrilled when I brought them home! So I'm sure your anticipation is crazy![​IMG]
    Good luck! (i have no idea how long it takes to ship!)[​IMG]

3. cybercat

cybercat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    Greeneville, Tn
    If you need opioninon on Ideal do a topic search on thier name. There is alot of info here on BYC about them. There quality varies alot and some are happy with them and some are not. It is all personal preferance so you shall not know if you do until you get your order. Good luck and I hope you are happy with your new chicks. [​IMG]

4. cindyanne1

cindyanne1 Mother Goose

Apr 19, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Hee hee... I have GGMC syndrome too. [​IMG]

I'm excited for you!!!

5. jhart101

jhart101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Clayton, NC
    BantyGirl13, I placed an order with them this a.m.! 6 White Silkies and 3 Buff.

The shipping price was so low I had to email them to verify [​IMG]

Best of luck with your order!

6. countrygirl_247

countrygirl_247 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2008
    I got my chicks from Ideal this past March. I got them in 1 day & i live in Indiana all arrived safe but, lost 2 the day after & 1 more the day after that. I guess from shipping stress. They had excellent service would order from them again.[​IMG]:thumbsup

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by