1rst week of laying

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by edenbobeden, Jan 17, 2013.

1. edenbobeden

edenbobeden Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2012
    Creatives Florida
    I'm am as happy as a chicken with a meal worm!!!! My chicken bunny started laying Sunday and is up to 4 eggs this week :0. I didn't think it would be so much tastier to have free range eggs but I was wrong. Now I hope my other girl will start laying soon. By the way is it weird that a chicken can recognize her eggs( I was holding her and picked up her egg of the day and said thank you for tomorrow's breakfast and she sniffed it chirped and put her head on it and scooted my hand with the egg to her tummy , she only did it with today's egg:?) [​IMG]

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    I have only seen broody chickens try to put an egg under her belly, but hopefully she is not thinking of trying to incubate any eggs just yet.

I know how exciting it is when they first start laying. My new flock of pullets is just starting, and I love seeing how the different breeds' shells vary in color and texture.

3. edenbobeden

edenbobeden Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2012
    Creatives Florida
    I didn't think its broody it seemed more like look I made this one

4. myfinefeatheredfriends

myfinefeatheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Love love love when they start laying! I had a golden buff hybrid whose first egg was a double yolk... made me happier than a mother hen whose chick just hatched lol.

5. RiverGoddess

RiverGoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2012
    [​IMG] this saying!

6. RiverGoddess

RiverGoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2012
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by